Chapter 17

**AUTHORS NOTE:  

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say thanks for reading! I'm going to be posting NEW UPDATES every Tuesday and Friday so make sure you add the story to your lists to see notifications :)

 I would love to read any comments you have and please remember to vote if you are loving the story so far!  <3

THANK YOU!!!

PLAYLIST

Harry Styles - Sweet Creature

Amy Shark - Weekends **If you've never heard this song, check it out! it's so good!**

OLIVIA'S POV

Harry flops down next to me on the grey fabric couch that is so soft I swear I nearly fall asleep every time I sit on it. He sits unnecessarily close on the 4 person sofa but I love the comfortable warmth as he wraps his arm around my shoulders.

We are both barefoot and in shorts to combat the unusually warm English weather. Mine are blue denim and my white t-shirt with red writing is tucked into the high waistband. His are black cotton paired a white lightweight shirt, the buttons undone enough to see the top of the swallows on his chest, his hair is messy and impossibly sexy.

He holds his other hand straight up in the air at my eye level and I laugh, giving him a high-five as he says, "Good job Roomie!" an infectious dimpled smile covering his face.

We had recovered from our weird argument in the car last week as soon as we got back to the hotel and I teased him saying I knew he would never treat me like one of his girls in the revolving door of his bedroom. He half cringed and half laughed before pulling me into his chest and saying a little too seriously, "No Liv, I wouldn't."

This is the second night I've been at Harry's place and I was relieved to see the truck from France with all my belongings arriving an hour ago. Harry had helped me stack the relatively small amount of boxes in one of the guest rooms I now called my own.

I made sure Dan was at work when I went back into our Paris apartment later that week to sort, split and pack my belongings. Tears of loss and self pity had run down my face for almost the entire 3 hours it had taken me before I taped the last box shut and left my key on the table.

I took a deep breath before looking around, closing the door behind me on that chapter of my life.

Although we had left things in the worst possible way, Dan had text me ensuring he would see the boxes make it onto the truck and the trust I had for him was so broken I genuinely wondered if they would end up in a dumpster somewhere.

I had spent my last few days in Paris after that doing life admin like closing bank accounts and cancelling my transport card. I had a disheartening meeting with my boss who explained my role in the London office had been filled when I moved branches and they would "keep me updated" with any openings.

My phone rang as soon as I had walked out the doors and a smile crept over my face as I looked at the screen.

"Em! I'm sorry I haven't called you back."

"Liv, oh my gosh, don't be silly! I'm so sorry I'm not there with you! Bec has been keeping me up to date every day. I knew you would answer my calls when you were ready to talk about it."

Relief washes over my body when I hear my best friend Emma's voice. She is the complete opposite of Bec and I, which might be why we are all so close. Where Bec and I are cynical, stubborn and practical, Emma is spiritual, patient and the eternal optimist.

We had been inseparable most of our lives, meeting in high school and then solidifying our Yin & Yang personalities when she chose to study floral design while I went to business school.