Chapter 39

OLIVIA'S POV

The doorbell rings and I rush out of my bedroom into the hallway, skipping past Harry's room, still delighted that he is home, even days later.

"Wait!" He yells and I squeal as he ducks out from his door, grabbing my waist and swinging me into his room.

He is laughing at the reaction he caused as I try to catch my breath.

"Listen, before you answer the door, anything I say today that I haven't already told you, isn't true ok?" He says to my confused face.

"What?"

"I'm going to conduct a little test. When I'm lying I'll use our signals ok?"

"Harry, I really don't think that's a good idea, maybe just talk-" I'm interrupted by the doorbell ringing again.

"Have faith, Toots! I'm sure it won't be them." He yells behind him as he goes to let our friends in.

Frankie bursts into tears at the first sight of Harry and he laughs as he tries to console her.

"I'm sorry, love, I'm fine." He assures her pulling her into a hug as I greet Bec and Nathan.

"I'm not concerned about you, do you know how unproductive she was at work?" Frankie laughs pointing at me to try and make light of the situation but hugs Harry again like she may never let go.

"Hey Bec," he smiles moving away from Frankie. "Sorry for missing dinner that night, I know it was important to you," he says in her ear as she rubs his back.

"Please, don't even think about it. We were so worried, we're just so happy you're home. But speaking of that dinner, Harry this is my boyfriend Nathan." She announces proudly.

"Nice to meet you, mate," the men say at the same time as they shake hands.

"I appreciate you inviting me round." Nathan says genuinely and I know Bec has told him how rare it is for Harry to invite people into his circle of trust.

Just as Harry is telling Nathan not to worry about it the door bell rings and I turn to open it.

Harry and Xander stop and stare at each other and the rest of us hold our breaths as they quickly close the distance between them and both break down in tears.

"I'm so sorry you had to see that." Harry sniffles.

"Jesus you had us worried. I'm so proud of you for going Harry." Xander sobs back.

Harry breaks away only to pull Will into his hug with Xander. 

"Thank you being there. For me and for her." He says to both of them as they embrace him.

I look around at the tear stained faces of our friends and I am one hundred percent convinced in that moment that no one has been disloyal to Harry when it comes to his privacy. It has to be someone else.

"You're welcome mate," I hear Xander tell him. "Poor girl got a beating in the press while you were gone. I don't know how they decided she was controlling, fuck if she was any more accepting of your bullshit I would check her pulse!" He laughs and Harry looks apologetically at me.

Our natural banter is at all time high as everyone celebrates Harry's return, not just from California, but to life.  We sit around the living room, joking and laughing, telling Harry stories he may have missed in the last few months.

I catch Xander's eye a couple of times and I know he is thinking how different things are to last time we were together in this room with Harry.

Nathan fits in easily with our group, having met most of us a couple of times by now and he and Harry are getting along well as they speak in depth about some sort of team strategy to do with football that I have absolutely no idea about.