Chapter 28

OLIVIA'S POV

I wake up to a strong arm snaking around my body and pulling me backward against a warm body. 

"Happy birthday, beautiful," I hear a deep, raspy voice in my ear as Harry pulls me in closer to him.

"mmm, thank you," I say, not yet ready to open my eyes and break away from his warm bubble of comfort.

Harry insisted I stay in his room and to be honest I didn't put up much of a fight. When he was away I missed him so much that being as close to him as possible, for as long as possible, was exactly what I wanted.

"You're old," he mocks, nuzzling into the back of my neck.

"Piss off, you're only 4 months younger than me!"

"But still younger, Toots," he jokes and chuckles as I smack his arm in fake offence.

"Wanna get some breakfast before I have to go to the venue?" I can hear the reluctance in his voice to move from our snuggle.

"mmm, yes please, but let's order in, I can't deal with last night's drama again this early in the morning." I confess and I feel his lips kiss the back of my neck before he jumps up to order room service.

"Oh my god Jax, I'm so excited!" Em squeals clutching her boyfriends arm as we are escorted into the venue.

The set up at the small arena in New York is slightly different to the last show I went to of Harry's and I'm excited when I see the VIP area is sectioned off to the right of the standing zone, rather than behind it like in London, positioning us right in front of the stage.

"Look, Olivia is here." I hear from a few people in the crowd before the odd girl screams out a friendly "Hi Olivia" or "How's Harry?"

"This is insane!" Emma yells in excitement looking around at the five thousand strong crowd. I nod in agreement as I watch fans pile in and wait desperately to see the man they adore.

"He is pretty amazing," I confess quietly and Em shoots me a sweet smile before throwing her arm around my shoulders.

"Told you everything happens for a reason." She says sweetly and I roll my eyes and smile back.

"Nothing's "happening" Em," I try to convince myself as much as her.

"Why are you closing yourself off to this chance of true happiness, Liv?  Life's too short to wait for things" She says genuinely and I laugh thinking it sounds like something my yoga teacher would say.

She shoves my shoulder knowing exactly that I am thinking.

"It's so obvious you two are crazy about each other and besides, Bec told me everything, anyway!"

I groan at my sister's big mouth as the lights fade to black and the screams of the crowd temporarily take away our hearing.

My nerves for Harry aren't as bad as the first time I saw him perform and although I thought he was in control and calm last time, after almost 3 months on the road he has taken on a new confidence and ease that radiates off him, dragging you in and making it impossible to tear your eyes off him.

"I have something special for you tonight, New York." Harry teases the crowd towards the end of the show, who instinctively scream at the prospect.

"I'm going to do a cover, if that's ok with you?" He continues, inviting more cheers.

I watch as Harry picks up a bottle of water from next to his microphone stand and takes a sip as a deliberate delay as he looks to the VIP area, looking for something, someone.