Chapter 5

4 MONTHS LATER

"So, I wanted to talk to you about something." Dan says looking up from his iPad.

It was one of the first Saturdays he had not been swamped with work since I can remember and we were enjoying it by having a lazy breakfast at our kitchen table.

"Sure, what about?" I said shoving a cup under the coffee machine.

He opens his mouth to continue as my phone starts ringing on the table next to him.

"Can you answer that, it's probably just Harry," I say over the noise of the Nespresso machine.

"Hey Mate!" My thoughts confirmed as I hear Dan say "How's LA treating you?"

He pauses listening to whatever story Harry is telling him and Dan laughs loudly into the phone, "oh my god, I can't even imagine, let me guess.. lingerie model?" He pauses, "oh an actress? that's new for you!"

I smile and roll my eyes, already knowing he is telling him about his new fling, Kristie who he told me all about yesterday.  I was shocked when he ended things with Tia shortly after we had met her, him simply stating, "I just wasn't feeling it," however now the endless names of young, stunning girls is just a part of our day to day chats. 

"Hang on I'll put her on" Dan breaks my thoughts as he hands me my phone.

"Stop telling my fiancé about your perverted life" I joke down the line.  "It's bad enough one of us has to hear it"

I hear his raspy voice laugh and I am imagining his dimpled cheek as he says "You love it toots, don't even try deny it!"

I laugh at his ridiculous nickname, even with his best friends he can't help being an undeniable flirt, it's who he is and why the world seems to be drawn to him.  He had a boyish charm that allows him to say whatever he wants without it being sleazy or patronising.  I put him on speaker phone as I grab the milk from the fridge and sit back down at the table.

"So, I wanted to know if you guys were keen to come to a party at my place in London next weekend?" He asks the both of us.

"Yeah for sure!" I start,  I'm keen to see my sister too so I'll book train tickets tomo-"

"Shit," Dan cuts me off, "I'm sorry guys but I have to work" He gives me a little pout across the table. "But honey you go, I'll be at the next one mate,"  he says the last part directed at Harry.

"That sucks mate but Liv I'll see you next week.  Gotta run guys!"  He says in a hurry and hangs up before we can even get out a "bye"

Dan and I look at each other shaking our heads at our ridiculous friend who's life could not be more different from ours. 

"So, as I was saying.." Dan started as I sip my coffee, reminding me that he wanted to talk about something before Harry called.

"I've been thinking a lot about that place in Tuscany you like"

My head shoots up to look at him. I have been talking about this villa in Tuscany at any chance I got for the past year, begging Dan to consider it for the wedding venue. 

"Yeah.." I say biting my lip trying not to get too excited until I hear what he is going to say.

"Well, it's a little extravagant, but I've been working so much lately, I've hardly been home and I want to make it up to" 

I let out a tiny squeal against my fingers that are now on my lips. 

"Are you sure?! You know I understand about your work, you don't have to make anything up to me" I say, trying to be diplomatic but already going over the floral arrangements in my head.

He walks over to me and pulls me up to stand with him.

His hands cup my face and he looks into my eyes as he says "I'm sure,  I want to give you this. I love you, Liv."

I squeal again and he crashes his lips into mine before throwing me over his shoulder and smacking my ass as he rushes us into our bedroom.