Chapter 24

OLIVIA'S POV

"I still think you guys are wrong." I tell Bec and Frankie for the twentieth time tonight.

They had come over a couple of hours after Harry had left, bringing pizza, tubs of ice-cream and trashy gossip magazines for what Frankie called a "girls night in".

"If you say that one more time, I'm going to fling my ice-cream at you."  Bec warns, shoving a spoonful of chocolate swirl in her mouth.

I rub my eyes, trying to calm my mind that has been working on overdrive since I met them for breakfast this morning.

"Are you going to tell me what's going on?" I had said as our omelettes and coffee were placed at our table in a quiet cafe near Bec's apartment. 

Frankie and Bec looked at each other taking deep breaths, obviously hoping I wouldn't have remembered the reason we were meeting in the first place.

"Look, we both swore we wouldn't say anything, so we wont." Frankie said reaching into her handbag as I start to huff a complaint.

"This should be all you need to work it out for yourself."

She handed me a polaroid of Harry and I from the night Evil Barbie had weaselled her way into our lives.

"A photo? I don't get it?"

"Look at it closely, Liv. Really look at it. Look at Harry's face." She urged, trying desperately to get me to understand something I was clearly missing.

"I don't see anything? He's looking at me the way he always does." I said matter of factly which only makes them stifle their smiles and look at each other again.

I squeezed my eyes closed, too tired from being woken up in the middle of the night by Hurricane Kristie to deal with their riddles.

"Ok, let me ask you this instead," Bec chimed in, clearly impatient as well.

"Do you have feelings for Harry?" She blurted out as my mouth flew open and Frankie smacked her face with her palm.

"Way to be subtle, B!"

"What!" I shout too loudly, "Is that what this is about? Does everyone think I have feelings for Harry? Oh my god, does Harry think that?!"

I started to panic wondering how I was going to face him later today when he probably thinks I'm some pathetic lovesick girl, living in his house and drooling over him. Thank god I found that apartment yesterday, I can save some of my dignity and move out as quickly as possible.

No wonder he kept Kristie around, it was probably to make it clear to me how out of my league he is, as if I didn't know that already.

My hands flew over my face as I cover the embarrassment of being the butt of everyones jokes.

Frankie gently pulled them from my face, handing me the photo again.

"That's not it, Liv.  Look at it again."

I studied the photo again, my eyes look at Harry like he is the only person in the room, my smile is wide and loving but friendly, clearly amused by something he said or did.

I move on to examine Harry who, now that I look at it again, looks at me differently from the way I am looking at him.  There is something else in his eyes that I always see when he is around me but as I compare them to mine I can tell there is a clear difference.

I squint at the little photo again, taking in Harry's body language, his sparkling green eyes, his perfect mouth. To be honest, it looks like he wants to kiss me.