Chapter 12

PLAYLIST:

Chainsaw - Nick Jonas

Let me love you - Justin Bieber & DJ Snake

2U - Justin Bieber & David Guetta

HARRY'S POV

"Can you fucking believe that!" I screamed down the phone, realising I may sound a little too happy about the fact my best friend just got completely blindsided by the wanker she called her fiancé.  

"Harry! I hope you are acting a LITTLE sadder about the situation in front of her!" Frankie lectures me as she always does.

"I am, I am, honestly I feel horrible for her, she barely moved in the two days I was there, just cries and sleeps, well tries to sleep..." I trail off, shuddering at the memories of Liv waking up in the middle of the night panicked and out of breath, her skin glistening with perspiration from the nightmares that have been haunting her.  

I have no idea if me being there on that ridiculously uncomfortable sofa bed with her is making things better or worse but there is no way I could have left to go to a hotel when she looked that destroyed.   I left last night only after pure desperation from my manager begging me to return to London to sign some urgent paperwork and the thought that I should probably grab some fresh clothes and toiletries crossed my mind.

"So.. what's your grand plan Romeo?" She says down line breaking me from my reflection.

"HA! I'm not going there Frankie.  You saw how she reacted at the party when I said the smallest drunken thing."  I close my eyes remembering how much it hurt to see her beautiful face screw up in anger after my minor confession.   Minor compared to what I wanted to tell her anyway.

"If I said or did anything now it will push her away, Frankie and right now she just needs me to be there as a friend.  She doesn't need me to make things worse for her."  I tell her the same thing I have been going over in my head repeatedly since I found out what Dan had done.  "And you know what, who knows, she might take him back.  He's been calling non stop.  Her, me, Bec." I spit, hating the possibility of her forgiving him.

"Mmm, I don't think I could take someone back after seeing them in bed with someone else! Give it time, but I've told you from the start you can't keep feelings like these hidden forever, hell I noticed within the first 5 minutes of seeing you together!" She laughs.

The night Frankie met Liv we were at my place for dinner and drinks.  They bonded immediately confirming my predictions as I pretended for Liv's sake to be interested in whatever boring drivel Dan was trying to tell me.  I was staring at the way she laughed, her giggle contagious as she covered her mouth with her delicate hand, the way she reseted the tall glass on her plump bottom lip just before she took a sip of her champagne, the way her eyes lit up and she gasped in delight at the story Xander was embellishing.  Frankie had come up beside me, removing herself quietly from the rest of the group and leant her head on my shoulder.  "She's getting married, Harry."  She warned in a hushed tone.  "I know." I sighed not able to take my eyes off the girl who had another mans arms around her and wished silently they were my own.

"I better go, I'm just about the leave the hotel to go back to her place." I tell Frankie into the phone as we say goodbye and I nod to my security waiting for me by the door.  

I cover my eyes in my sunglasses and I brace myself for the flood of screams as I walk out to greet some fans waiting out side of La Nuit Hotel in Paris.

The fans are something I have learnt how to deal with, for the most part they are friendly, sweet and I can't help being humbled by how genuinely excited they are by seeing me.  I always make a point to stop and talk with them, even for a moment and take a few photos as long as I feel safe, I think it's such a small thing I can do to show my appreciation for their support.