Chapter 47

EDITED 4 April 18 to add: 

This is the last chapter of part 1 only! There is a second book which a lot of people are missing as I am getting a lot of messages about Harry's Infinity tattoo etc which is all revealed in Part 2! 

Enjoy 

Love Ruby xx

-

OLIVIA'S POV

We continue our descent down the path and around ten minutes later we reach the bottom, the rugged cliff face shielding the small opening of coarse sand and rocks from the rest of the island and Harry's mood starts to shift.

He grins back at me, clearly happy with the result of the effort to get here and drops the backpack and our helmets on the sand next to a formation of large rocks near the face of the cliff.

He drops to his knees in the sand and unzips the bag, pulling out a hotel bed sheet.  I raise an eyebrow at him, "towels wouldn't fit" he explains simply and my heart flutters thinking about him planning this little excursion.

There is not a breath of wind and the early morning sun is starting to warm our skin as Harry folds the sheet in half and lays it on the sand, holding a hand out as a gesture for me to sit down.

I kick off my shoes and drop down onto the sheet next to Harry who is still pulling things out of his bag. 

Two cups, a thermos, a paper bag with two croissants and a bottle of water.

I watch him lay it all out and pour the hot coffee from the thermos into the plastic cups.  He looks at me when he is finished and takes a deep breath in, anticipating my reaction.

"I wanted to bring more stuff but it wouldn't fit." He explains, running a hand through his hair, as I sit speechless. 

Harry is naturally a very self assured person, I think doing what he does for a living you have to have a certain amount of confidence.  To be able to stand in front of that many people, or be photographed that often. He is chatty and charming when he talks to strangers of any age or background and he is sure of himself in almost every situation he gets thrown into.  So it always completely floors me when I see him nervous or questioning himself.

"Harry, you beautiful man, this is amazing." I tell him, tears welling in my eyes and when he smiles, relieved and proud, one falls down my cheek.

"Why are you crying?" He laughs, his dimple popping and making me cry more.

"I don't know," I laugh back and I carefully crawl towards him and kiss him.

He holds up a cup of coffee for me to take, "Here you go, Teary." He jokes, kissing me swiftly again as I reach up to grab it.

"You wouldn't happen to have any pancakes in there would you?" I tease pointing to the backpack.

"Well, funny you should say that," he says, grabbing the bag and reaching in.  I look over his shoulder as he pulls his empty hand out, his middle finger pointing up in the air.

I burst into laughter and nearly spill my coffee as I shove his shoulder and he pulls me to sit between his legs.

We sit in comfortable silence, as we finish our breakfast, watching the sun shimmer off the water and the boats sailing in the distance.

"I had planned to tell you here that I didn't want to wait anymore," he whispers in my ear. "but holding you against me in the water, I couldn't wait a minute more." His words tingle through me as he pulls my earlobe gently between his teeth.