THE STRAIN OF PASSION Part 1

They were straight out of high school, and when everyone was against it, they got married anyway, and with a child on the way and only one person employed, life was hard for the young couple.

Dan and Marlene was simply crazy about each other while attending high school but neither teenager thought life would be so hard. Despite what everyone told them they felt love would be enough; besides they both worked what would be the problem so they thought.

Dan worked at a near by gas station own by Jessie Brown, a fellow that is liable to have unpredictable change of mind, one minute he's working to build up his gas station and next he is saving for something else, however his wife has him right around her finger, and when it comes to her extravagant spending he is truly fickle, therefore all of Jessie's money went towards his wife and he only wanted a little help around the station to keep from hiring a real employee, which makes Dan just an helping hand.

Marlene received her last check from the local shopping mart, where she worked until she wasn't unable to work anymore, because she felt in this life-threatening economy; the rate of not having a job is a serious social evil, and that concerned her more, even if she had to walk to work every day, she did not want to loose her job and sit home every day just to bear a child.