THE STRAIN OF PASSION Part 11

Sarah left the hospital to get some things to stake out for the night she plan to stay in the hospital where no one could find her until she finds out where her daughter is going.

The nights came fast, however the very first night was slow, only a few people came in for medical treatment, and from time to time Sarah would leave the basement and peep at her daughter sleeping.

During day break Sarah would visit her daughter, but staying in the basement just wasn't cutting it for Sarah, she needed to be closer to her daughter, in order to see where her daughter was going, which therefore led Sarah to go in the linen closet and give false appearance in a nurse's uniform or an orderly or any kind of hospital attendant to stay closer to her daughter and when that got old she would sit in the lobby pretending to be waiting on a patient who has just come in, still that didn't stop the hospital attendant from telling Sarah that visiting hours was over.

However, what Sarah didn't know is that that particular night Sarah's waiting had ended.

Joan Summers called Marlene late at night to tell her about the replacement and who she will be staying with.

"Marlene, you will become Mrs. Brenda Cross, you will be staying with Mr. Cross as his wife. Now Mr. Cross has been out of town for a few days but when he comes home he will be coming home with you his new bride and child. Therefore the neighbors will only know you as Mrs. Cross. I will have a car come pick you up tomorrow night at ten p.m. Please be ready. And remember; you are not to tell anyone when you will be leaving the hospital. Now when you check out of the hospital you will check out as Mrs. Spencer. After you leave the hospital you and Mr. Cross with take a plane to New York as Mr. and Mrs. Cross and from New York you two will go to a little town in New Jersey."

Doing everything that Ms. Summers asked of her; however so did Sarah, she followed the car to the air port and watch the man buy a ticket for both him and her daughter, but when Sarah tried to buy a ticket her self just to see where her daughter was going to live; she didn't have the right name. Unfortunately Ms. Cummings was stuck, with no idea where her child was going.

Marlene heart was in shear delight when she saw where she was going to live.

"Oh Mr. Cross this is simply beautiful."

"No, you are to call me Bill, honey, or darling, remember we are married now."

"Very well then, I'll just call you Bill, if you don't mind?"

"Then Bill it is. You will find accommodations for you and the baby in the guest bedroom. I took the liberty of setting up the room like a baby's room and put a daybed in for you to sleep on, however I need you to keep your things in my bedroom; you know to keep up appearances so the neighbors won't suspect anything different from what we are trying to portray and that way there won't be any questions. Oh yes, I have an eight year old son that lives here also, his name is Mark. Do you have any questions?"

"No, oh yes, where is your kitchen?" Marlene asked as Bill showed her the way to the kitchen, "Bill does Mark knows what's going on?"

"No, he just thinks that I have remarried. The food cabinet is here, and the stove is computerize so you just push the button of what you are trying to cook and the stove does everything for you, you know, some what like a microwave; well the surface is a little bet different you have to work on it as you would any other conventional stove."

"Thank you Bill, I appreciate everything you are doing for us."

"You are welcome dear."
Sill walking on pins and needles, Marlene manage to sigh with relief.
Meanwhile, back at the police headquarters; Dan was placed in a holding cell, and now Dan has found himself in a four wall room with no windows and no way of escape and all he know is he has to find his wife and the people are keeping from that; but not for long. While getting booked for abuse, Dan had to pass by office's desk with small sharp item, he then began contemplating on his escape from his confinement; Dan quickly picked up a paper clip and stuck it in his mouth, although surrounded by police officers everywhere, Dan knew he had to make a break for it but how?