THE STRAIN OF PASSION Part 12

The magistrate set bail bond at 50,000, Dan knew he wasn't getting out and with no lawyer and no one to help him, Dan had to help him self.

Fear came into Dan's eyes as two police officers walked slowly towards Dan's cell to take him to a high security lock-up, they handcuffed him and escorted him outside to a police van. Dan knocked one officer down, with his body while still in handcuff and the other officer out cold using the handcuffs and his fist clenched tightly, he then use the paper clip to unlock the handcuffs and Dan fled for his life. Dan broke out of jail and never made it to lock-up; "now to find Marlene." Dan thought to himself.

Dan went looking for someone who knows about Marlene's whereabouts, but all he could find was and empty apartment, because not even the neighbors knew where Marlene went. He left there and went to see an old friend that he and Marlene knew together and still there was nothing

Although there was guilt and shame, Dan's grief for losing his wife showed no comparing he could not go back to the apartment because of the hurt, not to mention that would be the first place the police would look for him, therefore, he moved out of town hoping no one could identify him nor knew him for what he did to his family.

It has been two years since Marlene and Bill have been together and the whole family seemed to be getting alone very well, so much so they began to believe they were really married with a loving family.

"Mark, ask your father is he going to drive you to school today if not I'll take you."

"Dad, are you going to drive me to school today, if not Ms. Brenda said she would take me."

"Oh that's great son, because I have an early meeting today and I won't be able to drive you today. So please tell Brenda I really do appreciate that very much."

"Sure, I'll tell her." Mark said as he ran down stairs to tell Brenda."

"Ms. Brenda, Dad said he would appreciate if you would take me to school today because he has an early meeting this morning."

"Okay just let me get Dan ready for the daycare, and we'll be off."

Marlene got little Dan ready for the daycare, however as time went on she often wonder if Dan even thought about his son or her. Even though she felt her life was much better now, her love for Dan was still there and she felt there was no getting over her first love.

It had gotten to the point where Marlene was taking Mark to school everyday and going to P.T. A. meeting for Mark.

"Mark put these bags in the car and I'll be alone any minute now."

"Yes, Ms. Brenda, I can do that for you."