THE STRAIN OF PASSION Part 13

Dan muddled around for those four years wondering why Marlene hasn't tried to contact him, because he knew she loved him and there was nothing or no one that could really keep them apart; so he thought. Soon his confusion got the better of him and he sat out to find her.

Dan decided to go back to his home town and find out what happen to Marlene, he stumbled up on Joan Summers, and he followed her back to the office.

"Who are you? And what do you want?"

"That's no way to talk to a customer; I might need your help."

"You don't look like you need my help."

"Oh but I do, you see you have a friend of mine a Marlene Spencer, you see she is my wife and she has my child so I need to find out where she is."

Joan became really frighten and headed for the door, when Dan blocked her path.

"Come on now Ms. Summers, you don't want to make me angry things might turn really ugly for you."

"I don't know anything; the people that I deal with only give me an-need-to-know information,"

"Then tell me about the people you know."

"I can't tell you that but here; there's an address and you can work from there."

Dan took the information and became violently furious.

"What you think that I don't know my own mother-in-law's address?" Dan yelled as his trigger finger slipped and shot Joan in the chest killing her. However the only information Dan got from her is Marlene's mother's address; that wasn't enough. Dan followed Marlene's mother to see if she would lead him to Marlene or some link to her whereabouts yet there was no luck.

After another year has gone by and still no Marlene; hate sat on his heart and the search grew intensely. Dan sat out to follow Marlene's mother once more and this time he sat and watch Marlene's mother spy on her daughter, still Dan was confused because everyone was calling Marlene; Brenda, this made everything more confusing to Dan because Sarah did not get out of the car she just watched her daughter furtively.

Now Dan knows what he has to do; move to a little town in Jersey not far from Bill and Brenda Cross.

Dan waited until Sarah was alone and then he approaches her.

"Dan what are you doing here?"

"I want to see Marlene."

"Well, you can't she under protective custody."

"Custody, I've seen the protective custody, you've known all alone where she Is and you didn't tell me and if I didn't follow you I wouldn't know now."

"What do you mean you followed me?"

"I watched you watch her for hours, and you never got out of your car, you don't want her to know you know where she is."

"Dan you must leave now, I need a moment alone."

"You mean you need to warn Marlene and Joan Summers, well I've taken care of your Ms. Joan Summers, and now I'm about to take care of you."

Sarah ran knocking things over, she picked up a lamp and threw it at him, she slammed the kitchen door in his face, but that didn't stop Dan he kept coming. Sarah headed for the outside door and tripped over a footstool and when she turns to get up Dan was standing over her with a gun.

"I must say you sure are better then Ms. Summers, she just let me kill her." Dan smile as the gun went off.