THE STRAIN OF PASSION Part 8

The next morning, Dan got up and prepares the milk for the baby and changed the baby's diaper, then went to work.

"Oh Dan, good you are here; Ms. Parker said her car started smoking when she left here yesterday, so I need you to look at it before you start back on Mr. Jones car and Mr. Harrison needs a tune-up."

"Yes Mr. B I'll get started on it right now."

Mr. Jones was there bright and early to pick up his car and Ms. Parker was standing over Dan's shoulder while Mr. Jones is giving Mr. B a hard time because his car isn't ready yet.

"Dan get a move on it boy; Mr. Jones has to get to work."

Dan worked quietly and steadily, continuing the work despite any difficulties he may have, still Mr. Brown agitated him to move faster.

"Mr. B I'm moving as fast as I can, if you want these cars to operate correctly then it will take some time. I just can not function with you hounding me every minute."

Dirt and sweat pouring off his brow, diligently working, wiping up elbow grease and still never stopping until every car was finished.

"Mr. Brown you can call in Mr. Jones, his car is ready."

"Well, it's about time." Mr. Brown said as he called his clients and pretended he did all the work.

"Ms. Parker, it was just a little oil spill. I cleaned up the spill it shouldn't smoke anymore. "

"Why thank you Mr. Brown."

"Mr. Harrison, Your car is ready also."

"Thank you Mr. Brown, you are a good man."

Dan sat back and became silently angry; he didn't want to make any waves because he knows Mr. Brown would fire him on the spot. Therefore he choked up his angry and went to pump gas.

"Dan when you finish that, I need you to go and clean out the garage so we'll have room for more business that might come through here."

"Sure Mr. B, I'll get on it right away."

"There is no hurry, just have it done before someone else come through wanting their car fix."

"I said, I'll get on it right away Mr. B."

"Don't snap at me son, I'm only trying to help you, you don't want to be trying to clean up when you have a customer, now do you?"

"No, Mr. B, I sure don't." Dan said with a tempestuous attitude.

The whole time Dan was cleaning up he was complaining to his self.

"Marlene thinks she is having it hard she just doesn't know what I go through everyday. Pick up that, do this, clean up that- Marlene needs to work here for a day and then she will know who has it hard everyday-hum-taking care of a baby is better than this. If she had to work with Mr. B. she would be singing to a new tune."

"Dan did you say something?"

"No, Mr. B. I didn't."

"Well I thought I heard my name."

"Oh you did." Dan mumbles under his breath.