THE STRAIN OF PASSION Part 6

Two days later, Dan was down stairs in the lobby getting some coffee when he got a page. He took the elevator to the front desk to see what the front desk nurse wanted with him and hope nothing happen to Marlene.

"Mr. Spencer?"

"Yeah, what's going on?"

"Your wife has come out of her coma and has gone into labor if you come with me, I can show you where you need to change?"

"Thank you, but is she alright was there any complications?"

"No Sir, she is fine; however the baby may not be because, Marlene is going into labor prematurely."

Fear sat on Dan's heart intensively and he knows he needs to call Marlene's mother but he fears that she would say he is the cause of this trauma. And what he has done just might have killed their child. Dan rushed to change and call Marlene's mom and then he went to help bring his baby into the world hoping everything will be alright. Gratifyingly the baby is fine.

Just then Sarah walks in, while Dan is marvelling over his son.

"Oh Marlene, the baby is beautiful, he looks like his old man."

"No, he looks better then you Dan. Baby what is his name?" Sarah asked.

"I don't know; what do you want to call him?" Marlene said to Dan.

"I think we should call him Little Dan." Dan replied.

"Dan, things are going to have to change or I'm not going home with you."

"Don't be silly Marlene, you are not leaving me and if you need things to change well then things will change, but you are not going anywhere."

"If you hit my child again she is going to leave you."

"Well, you don't have to worry about that, Mrs. Cummings, because things are going to change. I am going to treat Marlene like the queen she is."

c