THE STRAIN OF PASSION Part 9

The Abuse

Everyday Dan was taken Mr. B's abuse just to keep his job with the long hours. Dan did not want to start back working from nine to five, because the extra hours kept food on the table, however, Dan did not see how the long hours was changing him.

"Marlene, it's been six weeks shouldn't you be trying to go back to work?"

"Dan the money that I would make will only pay for childcare, it won't bring money in the house and I'll be working just to pay for childcare."

"How do you know? Have you tried to fine a reasonable childcare facility?"

"No because I already know."

"Marlene, how can you know what someone will do if you don't ask?"

"Dan, don't act like I don't want to work because I do, but you have got to understand the money is not going to come home, now if you don't mine just paying for childcare, then I'm willing and ready to go back to work if not, do not trouble me with that now; I have a lot on my plate right now. I have to get the baby to the doctor and I don't have a way."

"Oh you have a lot on your plate, do you? Well what do you think is on my plate?" Dan said as he slaps Marlene.

"Dan no, you promised you wouldn't hit me anymore." Marlene stated as she raised her hand to cover her face.

Still Dan kept hitting her as he personified her as Mr. Brown and his mind went into a notional world which he placed his self at the gas station kicking and stumping Mr. Brown with his heavy boots but in reality he was stumping, and kicking Marlene to get his frustration out and the main source of his frustration comes from Mr. Brown's constant complaints that Dan wasn't working fast enough. His supposed grievance and his deadly resentment nearly killed Marlene.

Now with a black eye, a bleeding mouth and two broken legs and lying in a fetal position; Marlene fears for her life.

After his imaginary resentment and his oriented grounds for action flare down; and Dan could see what he had done to Marlene; he became very apologetic, however Marlene did not want to hear it.

"Dan, I need you to call an ambulance I believe I need to go back to the hospital."

"Marlene you know if you go back to the hospital; I'm going to jail. Please baby I'm sorry don't do this."

"Dan, will you look at me, look at what you did; I'm hurt real bad, if you really love me you will do this for me and think about the baby." Marlene said trying to convince Dan to call the ambulance so she can get out of there.

"Okay if you go to the hospital and then I'll will go to jail, who is going to be there for Little Dan?"

"Call my mother she can watch Little Dan for us."

"Okay, I'll call her.