THE STRAIN OF PASSION Part 19

(The Passion to eliminate)

When the officers arrived on Sharp Road they were mortified that something like this happened right under their nose, humbled and humiliated because they didn't send back-up for their fellow officer when they hadn't heard from him.

"You guys wrap this up while I look around and do some investigating and try to coerced the neighbor and see what she knows."

Officer Crump looked around for evidence of the murderer and who he might have been or every where he could have gone, however he could not find anything that would help him on this case. Moreover, he went to see Ms. Jasmine Steward of 2109 Sharp Road, is very clairvoyant and nosey with her prying eyes.

"Ms. Steward, I'm Officer Crump, we spoke on the phone earlier."

"Yes, but how did you know my name? I didn't give it because I was afraid that man might come back to kill me, he didn't care about who he shot."

"Ms. Steward, your name is on your mail box. Now can you tell me what happen here and what the prowler look like, or what he was wearing at the time of the shooting."

"Yes, he was wearing a blue t-shirt, blue-jeans, but I knew something was up with that woman he took with him, she and her son came to stay with the Patterson's and she worked with Betty Patterson at the corner market but she never talked to anyone but Betty, she was so secretive; I just knew something was going on with her. You know I perceive things that are usually hidden from other people; I can just feel when something is wrong and I can tell something was wrong when he stop to talk with the lady that was staying with the Patterson."

"You say she talk to the culprit?"

"Yes,"

"Well can you tell me any more about the culprit who committed this violent crime?"

"No, but if you had come with your friend who is lying over there dead, you could have seen him for your self."

Crump couldn't say a word towards that statement because the officer that was killed was a friend.

"Well can you tell me more about the woman and the child that he took with him? Where they in any way related to the culprit?"

"Yes, her name is Marlene Spencer and her son's who I really don't know but they called him Little Dan. I not sure if they are related to the killer, but they were in the yard earlier arguing and I think he said that was his son. I don't know where she comes from, but Betty got her a job at where she works."

"Yes, you said they both work at the corner Super Market. Is that all you can tell me about Ms. Marlene Spencer?"

"Yeah that's about it. Oh yeah here is the license plate number of the vehicle they took off in."

"Why thank you Ms. Steward, now you say they took off in a vehicle? Do you know the make of the car or what kind was it?"

"No, I really don't know cars, but it was a dark blue short car kind of small. Not a sports car, more like an economy car."

"Thank you for your time Ms. Steward."

When Officer Crump got back to the station he put in the information about Marlene Spencer on the computer, he came up with the murders that happen in the Cross family, along with the crimes that Mr. Spencer committed. This is where Crump put two and two together and he put out an A.P.B on Mr. Dan Spencer.

After taking DJ and Marlene, Dan did not know where to go therefore he went to a place where he felt no one would look for him; he went to his mother-in-law's house.

"Sit down it will be all over soon." Dan said as he turns on the gas stove and Marlene and DJ had no idea of what Dan had planed. "I can just see it now; it will read he kill him self and his family in her mother's house, where he had already killed his mother-in-law.

"Dad, don't kill Mom, if you do I will be all alone, because, well I know you know you aren't going to get away with what you did, that means I won't have no one to take care of me."

"No, they won't because I'm going to kill us all, I'm going to blow up this house with all of us in it, and if this is the only way I can have my family then so be it."

"Dan I don't believe you; you are going to kill your own son?"

"Yes I would and why not? I can't be with him any way."

"Dan please I beseech you, you can't hurt our son, and no matter what happen to us; your son was made out of love."

"Love you say taking my family away from me, where is the love in that?"

"But Dad, if you don't kill us we can come and visit you until you get better and then you can come home; because that's what happened to my friend Bobby, his dad came home after he did some time in prison."

"I'm not coming home, they are going to kill me, and if I got to die, my family is going with me."

Meanwhile, Officer Crump checked out all the places that Marlene stayed and came up with nothing until he came to Marlene's mother's house which was also in the report. There he saw the vehicle with the same license number that Ms. Steward gave him. Officer Crump drove further up the street and called for back-up he then proceed down the street towards the house, and before he got to the house, squad cars started pulling up from every direction, now as he is accompany by his fellow officers, Crump felt to try and make contact with the perpetrator.

"Dan Spencer we know you are in there and we got the house surrounded, so please come out with your hands up."

"Dad please,"

"There is no since in pleading with him; his mind is made up. Come on DJ let's take cover there may be some shooting."

Marlene said as the officer spoke once more and Dan was not thinking of where he was when he lit a cigarette in the doorway of the kitchen.

"Dan Spencer, come out with your hands in the air." Officer Crump said as a loud combustion echoed the surrounding neighborhood. The earth started to tremble and the ground began to crack, officers started collapsing in the street. Officer Crump slowly started to come to, his eyes open and the overwhelming blur dulled his vision. On his hands and knees he crawls towards his squad car, while the injured police men dragged their body towards their squad car also for protection.

Officer Crump pulled his self up using the aid of his squad car he just knew no one survive the explosion and as he manage to pull his self together he advanced towards the house. Relieved the killer is eliminated, however, never to have known the two innocents that die with him; his heart wept with remorse for a child to have been born and die because of his disesteeming parents. The blast tore Dan's body apart with every part of him spattered all over the debris. However the sheet-rock from the wall covered the trunk Marlene and DJ was in which  shield them from the blast, still they were knocked unconscious. And as they pulled themselves together and dust one another off they headed for the front door. Consciously the officers struggled their way towards the door when they saw covered in ashes-soot a woman and child coming out of the door.

"I'm sure glad you guys are alright. You are alright aren't you?" Officer Crump asked as Marlene nod her head transmitting the thought of relief that this swindling and unfortunate circumstance is over and Crump gestured a quaint smile of his proud approval that the woman and child survived.

As the two stepped of the porch the paramedic rush to retrieve his patient while the police rushed in the rubble destroyed house of the victim but all they could find of Dan are two burned up fingers pressed against a cigarette.

Marlene and her son can now live a quiet and peaceful life.

THE END BY FRANCELIA POOLE

THE STRAIN OF PASSION

THE PASSION TO LOVE

THE PASSION TO KILL

THE PASSION TO HAVE HIS SON

THE PASSION TO ELIMINATE