THE STRAIN OF PASSION Part 16

Marlene went back to her name and stayed in hiding long after Dan was arrested for braking out of jail and this time he remain in jail and went to prison for nearly two years.

While Marlene was in hiding but remain in the same town, she didn't place Little Dan in school, fearing she and her son might be found by Dan, until she needed government assistance and they insisted Little Dan go to school. Nevertheless, she didn't feel the police would hunt her down because they had Dan, but she didn't want to be apart of putting him away, in fearing for her own life, therefore it was a real struggle for her to get help from the government.

Meanwhile, two years was long enough for Dan he began reading his way out of jail so much so he convinced the parole board that he has changed, and that he would be a credit to the community.

"If you just give me a chance I would do everything in my power to be a model citizen. I have skills with mechanics and electronics and that's very useful skills in any community."

"Mr. Dan Spencer, how do you feel about not seeing your son anymore?"

"Look I regret not seeing my son but my mood disorders have caused this situation and I understand that I am not to see or try to see him."

"Then you understand that if you do you will right back in here?"

"Yes, I do."

Meanwhile setting at home and hungry; Marlene knew she needed to find a job because government assistance just wasn't enough, but while out on the search for a job; she ran into an unknown person name Patterson, they both were applying for a job in the corner store.

"Hi, you are you doing? I'm Marlene, are you applying for the job too?"

"Yeah I have to because money is so hard to keep; with all the bills piling up."

"I know what you mean, my son and I are so hungry and there is just not enough money for everything that we need, it's either paying the bills are eating." Marlene said when Betty's brain started ticking.

Betty and Jack Patterson is a married couple that fought all the time about anything and everything that might bother the other, however, most of their fights was about money issues.

Betty invited Marlene and Little Dan to come stay with her and her husband and told her she would not have to worry about food if she teamed up with someone.

"Because girl life is hard when you live alone, so why don't you come and stay with me and Jack?"

"I don't know; I feel I should just stay by myself, you have no idea what I'm going through."

"Child every body has something going on with them, but life is just a little bit easier when you got somebody that's got your back. Now I won't take no for an answer so come on and you can pick your son up from school and bring him home to a nice hot meal."

"Okay, if you are sure."

"Sure I'm sure."

When Betty and Marlene arrived at the Patterson's house; Betty and Jack argued and Marlene felt out of place.

"Hello, little lady, my name is Jack, you need not pay any attention to me and Betty, because we fuss like this all the time, but you are more than welcome to stay because we really do need to help one another out sometimes because life is so hard.

Now Betty said you and her got a job today and you and her starts to work tomorrow, now how much can you pay a month?"

"I don't know, I just got the job today, why don't you tell me how much you are looking for, for a month?"

"Is three hundred too much for you?"

"No, that's fine; I can pay that, and thank you for your kindness."

"No I want to thank you for your help."

Marlene walked outside and thanks God for the Patterson.

"Betty,"

"Yeah,"

"I'm going now to pick up Little Dan and I'm going by my old place and clear it out and I'll be back during dinner time."

"Okay Marlene; back by dinner time and I'll be looking for you." Betty did not believe Marlene was coming back but she hoped she would.

Marlene and Little Dan went home and packed up all their belongings and headed for the Patterson's house for a large dinner.

Little Dan was so glad to have real food in his stomach; it was a nice change from bologna sandwiches.

"May I have some more mashed potatoes?"

"Sure you can son."