2| The Blue Pact And A Scare

Taylor couldn't move. This was the closest she had ever come to Blue Eyes, two steps and she could touch him. She could even feel him, his presence radiated a powerful aura, so compelling, so binding, it filled her with wonder and a humming sensation deep in her chest.

If she didn't know better she would conclude him an angel sent from God to deliver a message. He certainly looked the part despite his all black attire. His silky, black hair was pulled away from his face this time, revealing his full profile and she marveled at the perfection of his well chiseled features.

"Wh...who are you?" Taylor finally managed to stutter. She had come out in need of unpolluted air and she had almost ran into him. Her heart had stopped for a second and then went into overdrive.

"Its nothing important to you. You are not supposed to be out here" His voice had the tinge of an unknown accent, dark and lyrical that washed over her and gave her goosebumps. The joint was usually busy at this time but there was paid security today and drunk trouble makers were not to be seen. Only a few stragglers from the party who paid no attention to the duo.
"How are you always present on our birthdays?" Taylor asked trying to keep his intense gaze

'Taylor?"

Taylor turned and watched Sam walk up to them. She wore a skintight wraparound dress that Taylor knew she could never pull off. Samantha looked no less beautiful than a model on runway. Nothing like she would ever be.

"Hi, I don't think we've met officially. I am Samantha and you are our birthday bunny" Sam had always been quick to gather her wits. She gave her brightest smile that could melt even the hardest hearts.

"Is that what you call me now... A rabbit?" He didn't look too pleased by the comparison.

"Its a private joke. I see you have met my twin. You can come in and join the party or we can find a nice quiet place to chat.... Me and you"

"In as much as I would love to dabble in petty cacophonies, I find myself hard pressed for time. I have brought this for you" he fished out a wooden parcel the size of a ring box from inside his jacket and held it out to Samantha who promptly took it. Taylor watched this with a growing sense of doom. She understand the pressure growing in her chest and she hated herself for it. She had promised herself never to feel envious of her twin no matter what. That promise had kept her sane for a long time, and she wouldn't break it now

"It's finally time. You have just a fortnight to say your goodbyes Samantha. Mind you, moving again or trying to escape would only make matter worse for you and your family. the black guards don't take lightly to being double crossed twice"
And just like always he disappeared. A step back into the dark and then ....nothing.

******

Few hours later

"I swear Taylor, he took my breath away" Samantha exclaimed for what seemed like the 100th time that night. The party was over and they were on the dirt road back home. Samantha's friends had all gotten rides home from different guys, for dubious night caps. Which left Taylor and corrie with Samantha's car. Josh wasn't ready to go home anytime soon.

"I don't get the blue flowers anyways" Corrie quipped tersely. Taylor knew Corrie was annoyed with Sam's incessant gushing. Samantha had spilled the beans immediately they got in the confine of the Cadillac. Everything from his appearance to his gift. The box contained a small luminous blue flower with beautiful delicate petals. It looked rare and totally breathtaking.

Samantha didn't mention the ominous words of blue eyes though. Taylor figured she might have forgotten in all the excitement but Taylor hadn't. Of course she knew she never stood a chance beside her twin , She never had. She wasn't surprised when Blue Eyes ignored her and had only eyes for Samantha. Okay, it did hurt a little but Taylor was used to being the other one that never got attention. And she was angry with herself for not foreseeing this situation earlier.