8|Two Seasons And A Kill

Taylor wasn't sure what to make of what had transpired between them neither of the way he suddenly turned cold after what she said. Had she been too forward, said the wrong thing perhaps?

He had ordered her back to her room not a minute later, using the words
"Your Izolare continues tomorrow" to dismiss her, leaving her with no explanations or second glance
He confused her, this man.

"Mistress, you're back early" Olivia said in a startled voice when Taylor let her self in. She was in the middle of lightning the bed side candles and looked like she had been caught doing something wrong. She curtsied

"I have drawn you a warm bath and prepared your dinner too"

"Thank you Olivia" Taylor mumbled.

"I'll go get your tray" she said, walking out.

Taylor walked in to sit on the bed. Though he called it their chamber earlier, it didn't seem like Anghel had any plans of sharing it with her. She should be glad.

She needed to clear her head. To rethink and revalue. After all the things she learned today, it occurred to her the situation wasn't a joking matter. She was not in a fairytale where the prince charming would sweep her off her feet to his castle and live happy ever after.

Her prince was a vampire and all he wanted from her was children. If having one didn't kill her first, that is.
Was this worth it? Sacrificing her life to carry a child for Anghel, who didn't even remotely like her.
She had to escape all this. She had to swallow her pride and admit she had bitten more then she could chew. She would bid her time and figure out a way to escape. To be far from this madness.

*************

She was back there again. The beautiful forest....but something was wrong. She could feel it, the air reeked of malevolence.  Such that it made her skin crawl.
Then the shadows came like an herd of locusts. They consumed the bright beautiful forest and polluted everything.
She was crying, refusing to be comforted. Her heart ached in anguish. she was too late! She couldn't save them.
She saw them now, their bodies littered the waste land, wingless, soulless, dead.
Her family, she had failed them

Now she was in a dark chamber. Hatred burned in her heart as she watched the sleeping form of a man shrouded in the darkness. He would pay for what he has done, they would all pay. One by one, starting from him.
The dagger flashed and was imbedded in his heart.
He shifted and she saw his face.
It was Anghel.

************

Taylor shot up, covered in sweat and breathing heavily.
It was a dream.
A confusing nightmare.
She hardly ever had nightmares but ever since she got here, it had become a regular occurrence.
Nightmares she didn't understand, it was like she dreamt for another person. Another person who wanted Anghel dead.
Even her dreams were complicated!

God, she needed a drink.
The room was lighted only by the scented candles on the bedside table. She picked one and walked quickly to the adjourning room where Olivia slept. She knocked but received no answer.
Taylor opened the door gently, the small room had a closet, drawers and a twin bed...which was empty, still laid with no sign anyone had slept on it.

Taylor was puzzled. Where could the girl have gone by herself so late at night?
And how was she to locate the kitchen in such a big, strange place?
Her parched throat prompted her to brave the dark unknown territory of the house in search of water.
With a hand protecting the fragile flame from draught, Taylor left the room with careful quiet steps and controlled breathing. The house was as quiet as a graveyard, still and dark.