14|A Peculiar Memory And A Cause for Alarm

In his life, Anghel had been subjected to different kinds of emotions but Jealousy hadn't been a tangible part of it. It was a strange feeling to Anghel, Jelousy. It clouded his thinking and whispered vile things to his mind.

Even now as he marched towards the dancing duo, he had no clue what he was planing to do, other than separating his wife from the arms of another man.
When he got to the duo, he simply pried Marcus offending fingers from Taylor's waist. While they both stared at him in puzzlement, he simply bared his fangs in a smile that was obviously deadly.
"I'd like to have my wife back if you don't mind" he said in pointed politeness directed at Marcus, but really was for Taylor's benefit.
Marcus bowed respectively and left the dance hall as another slow music started.
Anghel offered his hands with a slight bow "may I have this dance?"
"No you may..."
He didn't let her finish, he drew her rigid body into the circle of his arms.
"Can we not be stubborn today, it'll cause a scene" he breathed into her ears and twirled her in time to the music.
By the time she was in his arms again, she was visibly shaken. Anghel hid a satisfied smile, he felt better knowing Taylor wasn't so unaffected afterall.

Throughout the number, Taylor tried her hardest not to look straight at him, every attempt at a conversation was met with a cold solid wall of "mmmhh"
Anghel was beginning to feel the beginnings of frustration. He had her in his arms, but he didn't have her.

"Let's go" Anghel finally decided. He held firmly to her small wrist and led her out of the ballroom.
"Where are we going?" Taylor asked in a small voice once they reached an hallway.
"To my chambers" he paused then looked back at her "Our chambers" he corrected, his eyes holding a world of meaning.

Taylor swallowed visibly. She understood the magnitude of his words, what it entails and her heart began to beat in overdrive. She followed him quietly knowing she couldn't do much to change anything that minute.
But she would try, all she needed were nine days before she could escape. She had been able to gather a little information from Marcus about the Scarlett guards. Taylor knew she could pull it off given the right opportunities so she had to hold Anghel off one way or the other before that.
With her mind made up, she followed him up another flight of stairs and into a decorated hallway.
Two guards dresses in black manned the entrance. They bowed when they saw them coming.

"Leave us" was angel's command.
The Guards looked at each other but knew better than to object, they bowed again and marched out.

The hallway led to a Gothic archway that had pink and white flowers hanging elegantly down from it. The hall it led to had candles lit everywhere and gave off a fresh, fruity spring smell.
And in the middle of it was a white marble statue of a breathtaking naked woman in the middle of a fountain. It was designed to look like the water vessel she carried on her shoulder was the fountain's source, water gushed from the white vase to pool at the barricaded feet of the statue. It was hauntingly beautiful.
The rushing sound of the water fountain and the smell of lush forest in full spring triggered something in Taylor, something that had been smothered down for too long.
A memory
A vision
A....memory?
Taylor fell on the floor from the weight of what she had seen, what she was seeing.
She was no longer in the hall, it was as if her soul had traveled and left her body which was being currently cradled by Anghel, shaking her to wake up.

No, she was far from there, unaffected, unfeeling.

She was in faeland.

Taylor didn't know why she was so sure of her surroundings, she just knew.
Faeland.
Home
Home?
She was flying in slow motion over lush forest surrounded by snow glazed mountains, white tress entangled in low rainbows, breathtaking waterfalls hanging from clouds, birds of rich colours called out to her, encircling her and teasing her face with their feathers. The enchanting beauty of faeland, it couldn't be explained, only seen.