13|The Dead Assasin And A Banquet

27 hours ago
Seat of the Scarlett council, Ardelean

"We will need the account of the mortal since she was the only one who got a glimpse of this Assassin." Lord Darius stated for the third time since the meeting started. It seemed the head of the Scarlett council was on a mission to raise his ire.

"The mortal is my wife and soon to be your Queen, lord Darius. And as I've constantly repeated, she will not be subjected to this trial until absolutely necessary"

"Listen to Lord Darius, your highness. The Assassin is still at large. Any extra detail that could lead to capture is highly advised " Aswald de Torique, the royal Advisor to the king suggested softly. Anghel fixed him with a glare,

"She is not to be disturbed from her bed rest. If the black guards are not capable of catching an Assassin without the help of a mere mortal, then I fear we have been wasting our resources"

"Please watch your words, your Highness. The black guards are an elite line of warriors who has protected Ardealen since the very beginning" this by lord Darius, who Anghel was beginning to see as a spiteful fool.

"It failed in protecting the king from one Assassin! You heard the doctor, if he hadn't received CPR at that moment.....heads would have rolled" And Anghel fixed him a look that implied his would be on the list.

"Please Calm down your Highness. Its only a matter of time before..." A Scarlett guard official piqued nervously.

He was interrupted by a commotion from the door. It was Irina who had just barged in her characteristic boisterous way. What muted the gathering wasn't her wild look, but the ragged lifeless figure attached to the end of her favourite weapon, the ghost chain.

She pushed down the mask of the black guard covering the lower part of her face to reveal her fangs in a smug smirk.
As one well accustomed to grand entries, she catwalked down the aisle, dragging the unbreakable iron chain with the heavy body attached to it's end across the floor
She gave the military greeting and kicked the dead body closer to the seated body of the council.

"Behold the filthy Assassin who dared to infiltrate the castle" she announced in a pleased tone.

The council began to talk at once. Anghel looked at his cousin. As long as he remembered, Irene had been a tomboy. A fierce, dreadful tomboy who could challenge any vampire in Ardelean without fear. It was a saying in Ardelean that fates played a fast one on mistress Irene; the soul of a man and the body of a seductress.
It was this fearlessness coupled with her unpredictable temper that earned her the respect and fear of the guards. Anghel hadn't made up his mind yet if she would make a dependable Ally. Irene was like a wolf, independent and unpredictable...volatile.

"How do we know he's the Assassin?" Asked Daktar, second in command of the order of guards. And also one of Irene's past lovers.

"Does this doubt stem from true worry Daktar, or the fact all the arsenal in your command failed to get him before I did?"

"That's....not what I meant. You know..."

Irene flipped her hands in dismissal and grabbed the head of her fallen prey and raised it up for the council to see. On his neck was the telling raven tattoo that belonged to an almost extinct race of fae warriors.

Gasps went round and heads nodded knowingly.

"It seems the faes are becoming less timid and more fearless. Even this twep thought he could fight me. He died pathetically, I can assure you of that" Irene announced with a distasteful grimace.