9|Lupines And Black Horses

Flashback

"Why is your sister so weird" Toby Simone asked one Saturday morning in the popular Silverlane playground.
"My mum said she is 'ndicap so she can't play" replied 7 years old Samantha Mcleory matter of factly. The other kids eyes widened in reverence to such a sophisticated word for an illness . They watched Taylor and whispered amongst themselves but
soon forgot the 'ndicap and continued their dodge ball.

That was Taylor's cue to sneak away. She tucked Mr Munchkins under her arm and walked the other way, away from the playmates she was forced to hang around with because of her twin.
Taylor was never allowed to wander on her own as she would like, but must hang around her sister at all times.

It were times like this when her twin was busy with her friends, she had her chances to live in her own world, where she could do whatever she wanted, be whatever she wanted.
"Where are you going Tay" it was her brother josh, he played soccer with his friends on the
playground's field every Saturday.

"To Munchkin land" she replied without looking up. She was heading for her favourite spot where she was seldom interrupted

"Sam is not playing with you again right" he stated knowingly.

"Its okay. I have Mr Munchkins" she replied cheerfully, raising the worn teddy bear with a missing eye at Joshua.
She finally found the place, a patch behind an old lawn chair, no one ever sat on.
Joshua sighed and sat beside her.

"What are you and munchkin going to do today?"He asked in the indulgent way he frequently used with her.

"Go to the castle and find my husband!" She exclaimed excitedly.
Joshua chuckled.

"Some husband he is. I'll probably beat him up before you can find him"

"Why?"

"Because he's supposed to be the one finding you, Tay tay "

Taylor paused to think about it then flashed a smile.

"Its okay. He is probably waiting for me too. Isn't he Mr munchkins?" Taylor raised the stuffed toy to her ears and grinned like she received the best confirmation ever.

"Then what happens when you find him?"

"He'll protect me. He'll lock up all the meanies and all the bad guys too. When I become his princess, no one will think I have 'ndicap anymore and everyone will play with me."

"Aw come on. You don't need everyone to play with you"

"No silly, everyone wants to play with a princess!"

"Ok princess. How do we find your husband?"

"First Mr Munchkin will sprinkle some magic on me and I'll not have 'ndicap. Husbands don't like 'ndicaps."

"Where do you hear this stuffs?!" Josh asked incredulously

"Sshhhh. Then I'll enter the castle and You will be the bad guy. I'll run and when you catch me, my husband will come and lock you up"

"But you can't run"

"I can. Mr Munchkin sprinkled magic on me" she insisted

"Ok, but he hasn't and you can't run"