4|Emese And A Revelation

It took Taylor more than a moment to process the words she just heard. Did he say husband to be? Her husband to be?
"Your expression says it all. But you look like you need food and rest more than lengthy explanations at the moment" Marius replied with a careless shrug.
"I have a husband to be?" Taylor couldn't think past that.
"The faster you get on my horse the sooner you get answers my lady" Taylor looked at the monstrously large horse skeptically,
"Ion doesn't bite unnecessary" Marius remarked when he caught her look. He patted the snorting beast lovingly.
"When is it necessary?" Taylor wanted to know
"When you annoy me with trivial questions. Get on"
Marius commanded, extending his hands to her. Taylor gripped it and gasped as she was bodily lifted and flung on the rack of the horse, settling behind the rider.

"Hope you don't get motion dizzy" he threw at her from his shoulder and before she could ask what he meant, the horse reared with a loud neigh, its forelegs in air, in a show Taylor found both unnecessary and purposely deadly.
Taylor screamed in terror and hugged Marius like her life depended on it....which it truly did.

Taylor prayed fervently as the horse eat grounds in leaps and bolts. She didn't let go of Marius and didn't open her eyes either, for fear she would see her death sooner than she anticipated.
Taylor had never ridden a horse before and from movies, thought it would be really cool. It felt nothing like cool and everything like torture. She wanted to barf, and the only thing holding it in was the thought of retribution. No one liked to be puked on

"You can open your eyes now My lady, we are near the castle grounds" Marius had slowed the horse to a gentle gallop.

Taylor did and before her was a medieval looking structure not unlike what she saw in movies. Encircled in fog and mystery was a dark, large and majestic castle.

And it looked totally deserted and forlorn. Well kept but gloomy. Yet hauntingly beautiful. Like forgotten fine wine.

They galloped through a stretch of barren lands where nothing stirred

"Marius!" A figure that had been lurking in the shadow greeted them as they reached what Taylor guessed as the stables, judging from the soft horse sounds. It was a young beautiful man, tall and graceful in a ninja kind of garb Taylor was not familiar with.
"Andrei" Marius called back

"Your presence is needed at the court of lilies. Irina is at it again" Andrei continued after a strange hand gesture of a salute.
Marius stopped his horse and jumped down.
"And none of the guards could contain her?" Marius asked darkly as he gave his horse a soothing rubdown. Then helped a still dazed Taylor to the ground and had to steady her before her sway landed her on the floor.

"You know Irina. They won't touch her with a 10 foot pole."Andrei replied peevishly, then turning to Taylor he said "pardon my manners my lady . I am Andrei Duville of Ardelean Scarlett guard"
"Would you all please stop calling me my lady!" Taylor pleaded in exasperation, it was like everyone had decided to call her what they wanted. First it was the fire fly she wasn't ready to agree was an actual fairy, calling her mirea, now these two with my Lady. Making her feel like an extra in a fairytale gone wrong!