23| An Exchange And A Consumation

A/N;  Yep, This chapter contains explicit scenes, which I'll try to downplay for appropriate viewing. ENJOY.

Taylor carried the basket of food prepared by her maids. She saved the second portion  for she was hopeful someone else would eat them by the end of the day....if her mission worked out.
She got on her familiar mare and led it to the way Anghel did earlier....the garden.
The only place she was assured of maximum privacy.

Marius was waiting for her

"You're late" he said as she dismounted
"You're early " she bantered as she tied her horse to the outpost.

"Thank you for honoring my call Marius" Taylor said as they walked side by side on the garden pavement. The breeze was gentle and carried the faint fruity scent of flowers.

"Anghel has finally shown you this place" Marius commented instead

"It's a beautiful place, Who watches after the flower so well since the queen died?"

"The king used to, now it's Anghel. Although a Gardner is assigned to the place, he still finds a way to make it here as much as he can"

Taylor didn't picture Anghel the type who cared for flowers. It seemed she learnt new things about him everyday.

"So what troubles you my lady?" Marius refered to her letter.

Taylor exhaled and looked up at him, then she said;

"I know who tried to kill the king"

Marius stopped walking as he turned to gape at her.

"What did you say?"

"The assasin, I think I know who it was "

"Why are you just saying this?"
*********
flashback

After the incident in the green room and Olivia and Taylor were once again alone.
"I can't believe someone tried to kill the king"  Taylor pondered in wonder
"You didn't see his face?" Olivia queried
Taylor shook her head, lost in her thoughts.

"But there was one thing though... he smelt of newly tanned leather. I've always had a good sense of scent and the scent still lingered in the room "
" Are you sure its was Newly tanned leather?" Olivia exclaimed
"Yes. I remember this scent from my grandpapa. He owns a tannery and always gave my twin and I newly tanned leather wallet as gifts. Why?"

"The black guards use only newly  tanned leather as uniform. Infact, it was provided for just after the wedding"
"Do you mean it could be someone from the black guard  who tried....?"
Olivia's eyes grew large in dread

"Mistress, you must tell no one of this, no one must know"

"Why?"

"The black guards are the oldest and sacred order of Ardelean. And also the most powerful. Not even the king can protect you once you're marked by one of them"

"But..."

"These are perilous times, I beseech you to stay out of any thing that involves  Ardelean's tussle of power. Trust me Sam, say nothing"

*******

"I was waiting for the right time to say something " Taylor was sure that the time was right. It had to be, for her time left here was short.