Chapter 22

Sun sunk lower in the sky, light of day draining away, giving way to the velvety dark of night. Air became cooler and sharp shadow of the lamppost faded into the dark of the sidewalk. Only the faintest of light shone through the leaves, soon it grew dark and a close silence prevailed in the dim evening light.

Anahita was done getting ready in supersonic speed before Yuvraaj could change his mind. She settled with a short white crochet dress, throwing a a beige trench coat over her slender figure. It came till her thighs ergo she selected boots to go with her attire. Taking out hot pink lipstick, she coloured her lips attentively and slipped a pearl bangle in one hand while her another wrist was cuffed with wrist watch.

"How much more time will you take?" She shook her head at the exasperated voice of Yuvraaj while strapping the boots

"How much more time will you take?" She shook her head at the exasperated voice of Yuvraaj while strapping the boots. "Coming in a minute." She shouted back. 

Glancing at her reflection once, she sprinted out taking her shades and reticule. She frowned witnessing Yuvraaj busy in his cellphone, he should've been waiting impatiently for her gazing at the door every now and then but she was disappointed to see him stoic. Lazily sauntering to him, she cleared her throat vying for his attention. As on cue, Yuvraaj uplifted his gaze only to be dazzled with his wife. She was coming towards her in slow strides, her wavy hairs bounced with each step and the smug smile she presented gripped his heart in a vice grip. Gulping inaudibly, he shamelessly raked his eyes from her head to toe. A gasp of pleasure escaped his lips. Anahita candidly masked her smirk, expecting the compliment he would give her. She knew that the crucial fifteen minutes of dress hunting wasn't going to go up in smoke. 

Is this legal to wear this snug shirt? Her brain immediately took offence with the smooth blue shirt Yuvraaj was wearing that only served to accentuate his muscles over the satin material. Coupled with dark blue jeans, he had causally thrown his hair back in one gelled swept. The errant five o'clock shadow in his face which was a giveaway that he didn't shave this morning, only made his appearance more rustic. Not to mention, his veins were Anahita's ordeal. She was blatantly checking him out and made a mental note that if he complimented her decently, she would redeem herself by doing the same.

 She was blatantly checking him out and made a mental note that if he complimented her decently, she would redeem herself by doing the same