1 {New Witch in Town}

She drove towards the lively city of New Orleans with her hand hanging out of the window as the crisp autumn air whisked around. She could smell the damp leaves that cluttered the road and was tempted to just keep driving. Go through New Orleans, onto Florida and just disappear into the Atlantic. She had lived enough lifetimes to not fear death or fear the unknown, however, every person she'd murdered up until now stopped her from doing so. She wasn't allowed peace. She didn't believe she deserved it.

Once she passed the sign that read "Welcome to New Orleans," the Nordic symbol that induces madness burning on her forearm disappeared. She sighed in relief while bringing in her arm in and rolling up the window. She was happy Mikael was no longer displeased with her. As if on cue, her cell phone rang. 

"I see you have finally decided to show up, my little witch. Meet me at the old cemetery."

Once the call cut, she sighed a deep breath before accelerating. Tardiness was definitely not tolerated, so explaining the numerous scars from her past resistance and shows of rebellion tattooing her fair skin. As soon as she parked at the entrance of the intricate iron gate, she was teleported in front of a large crypt. Mikael released her, and because of his quick movement, she almost fell onto the stone alter before her.

"Why do we need to be here for the Harvest festival? What's so important about the French Quater witches strengthening their bond with their ancestors?"

"Because this time they won't be."

She raised an eyebrow at this. She was intrigued. How did he plan to hijack the power of the Harvest Ritual? She ran her hand over the rough stone where many witches had died and been resurrected before.

"Have you thought of how you will carry out your plan?"

"You will  magically link yourself to the sacrificial lambs and then perform the Spirit Trapping spell from Esther's grimoire that will trap the spirits of the lambs to you."

What was she to do with the magic of four girls? He knew she would be eaten alive after an extended period of time. She knew better than to question his plan so she just said the incantation out loud as a nervous tick whenever she felt anxious for Mikael's recklessness.

"À ses restes, retourne au sol. À ses restes, retourne au sol."

"You will be granted freedom after this task. In the spirit of the Harvest Ritual 'you reap what you sow.' I am granting you freedom after we kill all my abominations."

So this was his penulitmate plan. He had finally figured out how to kill his children after the hundreds of years of trying. In previous plans she was a just a witch battery pack or she would cast protection and strengthening spells galore before he faced off with his offspring. From all the rumors, they all sounded just like Mikael. Evil, unforgiving, psychotic. She was only helping Mikael because she felt that by killing them, she was killing him five times over.

"You have reconnaissance duty. Report to me in 9 hours."

She checked her watch and then noted the time. She heard Mikael leave and felt the wind become a bit easier to breathe. She sat in her driver's seat before turning the ignition back off. If she was given 9 hours of solitude, best enjoy it to the fullest.

Walking towards the Quarter, she came across the first Mikaelson.

The laughter that echoed into the alleyway is what caught her attention. She settled herself on the fire escape and took out her pen and paper. 

Marcel was teasing Rebekah about her need for her brothers' attention as they all seem to be preoccupied with their own lives. 

"Marcel you can't make me out to be so self centered. This is Hope's 12th birthday party. Next thing we know, she'll be a teenager with no desire to be with her family," she exclaimed as she crossed the floor towards the kitchen. Marcel followed her and trapped he between the him and the counter.