13 {Truth Among Lies}

Agony. Pain. Edie began to feel everything she felt before returning to this side of reality. This witch was powerful, but she was a novice. Edie wanted to just put this little Wiccan in her place, however, Kol and the rest's whereabouts were unknown to her because when Edie came to, they were nowhere to be seen.

Edie took a deep breath once the fifth round of torture had ended.

"Why don't you just let me do what I was supposed to do? I am already trying to help recover your precious ancestors. What else do you want? Where did you put the Mikaelsons?"

The little witch tutted her with a sage branch and then turned back to a brew she was making.

"I know more than you think, Edith Anne, the ancient French witch who played lap dog to the most infamous vampire in history."

Edie snarled at her words and fought against the enchanted chains. 

"Oh no, have I struck a nerve? Well don't worry. Mikael may be gone now, but his offspring are still alive and well which means you still have masters and mistresses to serve. So, tell me. What did they do to the ancestors?"

So that was her game. This child thinks the Mikaelsons got rid of the ancestors. Her line of thinking seemed to be flawed in every sense of the word. Why would the Mikaelsons have any reason to get rid of the ancestors? Kol promised he was waiting for her and in turn that meant keeping the ancestors safe, right?

"I think you have received false news. The Mikaelsons were protecting the ancestors. At least for my sake, if not for the littlest one. They don't want to make enemies of nothing."

The little witch quickly continued her torture of Edie. The shock that went through her body caught her off guard causing her to scream. She had tried to conceal her pain, but this time this witch was not holding back. 

Once the eternal flame subsided, Edie heard a pounding from behind her to the left. When she came to her senses, the pounding sounded like banging on a wooden door. She looked to the floor to see a hatch covered in a binding symbol from old Norse magic. Bingo.

Just as Edie was focussing her energy on the binding symbol, the little witch broke her concentration.

"I have proof."

Edie froze in her seat and her eyes widened towards the witch.

She smirked at Edie's shocked expression. "Oh no, maybe you are just a pawn here... I was channeling my great grandmother on the other side just a couple of weeks ago. She claimed that someone was trying to break down the other side. Only a ancient witch could do this. The ancestors knew who that witch was."

Freya. Edie's mind flashed to the woman that ran to hug her and acted as if she was greeting a long lost sister. That same person had tried to destroy her very existence. 

The banging had ceased.

Edie raised her head again and the little Wiccan seemed to be honest in her words. Edie tried to find any fault in her story. Why would they need to get rid of the ancestors? She tried to find the reason and in the end the only question she cared about was, did Kol know?

In the cellar, beneath the witch's cabin, Kol's fist fell slowly from the wood hatch above him. He looked to Freya and lunged instinctively towards her only for Elijah and Klaus to quickly intercept him while Keelin and Rebekah stand in front of Freya. 

"Calm down, brother. You need to be rational, for once," Klaus hisses.

Kol stops fighting against their restraint and look them all dead in the eye.