7 {Take Me for Granted}

"Welcome home, dear brother. Have your swallowed your pride and solved all our problems? With that ridiculous grin on your face I would assume our family still faces great peril and doom. Glad to know you are so pleased with the destruction of our family, Kol."

Kol sighed because he was feeling exhausted by their misunderstandings.

"She saved me, Nik. She doesn't mean us any harm. She believes we can be saved. Us of all people!"

Kol looks to his siblings and sees that they had come to a different conclusion in his absence. He looks to Elijah and Rebekah who were once advocates for Edie's life, but they don't meet his eyes.

"I see. So, you have all decided to condemn her simply because she aides our father, against her will I might add, and this poses a threat to us. So, instead of trying to create a solution with the fewest casualties, we kill anyone and everyone un-related."

"Oh, brother, but this is the path of least resistance with the fewest casualties. Only two people have to die, Edie and Mikael."

Kol glares at Klaus and makes a move towards him but Elijah stops him.

"I believe your judgment to be compromised. I know you care for the girl so, we won't ask you to fight her. We agreed that would be cruel, but she can't live."

Kol looked incredulously at his brother. He felt even more betrayed now than he ever had before from being daggered. They weren't listening to him. 

"You don't understand. She is fighting for us, not against us. She wants to kill Mikael, we all have the same goal."

His siblings looked away from him. Kol was becoming more heated and felt his anger almost get the better of him. But he breathed deeply and pictured the girl who tickled is nose with a leaf and pulled a funny face at him. He pictured her innocence and his anger vanished.

Rebekah watched as her younger brother remained calm at their show of ignorance towards him and she wished in that moment she really could believe him. Kol had never shown this much restraint that it hurt her to ignore his protests.

"Kol, you have to understand that we believe she means well towards you, it's just-"

"Oh Rebekah don't spoil him. She is using him. We all know this. It is time someone told him so when she does betray him, we can have the pleasure of saying we told him so before I dagger him for his stupidity."

"Nik, I need you to listen to me. She wants to help us. I have never asked you to believe me before. I am begging you this time. Dagger me for all I care but please, she is not the enemy and she doesn't deserve to die."

Klaus stood still. His show of grandeur all seemed for not as his purpose was to goat Kol and prove him wrong. However, in this moment of vulnerability he felt the need to comfort his brother.

"I wish I could show you what I see, brother. Just as I know you wish I could see what you are showing. I need to protect my daughter and my family."

Elijah stood silent and looked at Kol kneeling before Klaus and felt a lump in his throat. He became angry with Edie for deceiving his younger brother this way. He knew she had something up her sleeve, one final hat trick to rid the world of the Original family, but he wished she would never go through with it as it would tear Kol apart. 

Kol stood up and walked solemnly towards his room. He stopped and said goodnight to his niece with the smallest smile before quickly phasing to his room and closing the door. The manor became eerily silent. 

Klaus felt the same as his noble brother. However, unlike Elijah, he wasn't going to let the little witch get away with it. He looked to Rebekah as if to say, take care of Kol because he was going to finish this. Now. Rebekah stared at him with wide eyes and Elijah made a move to stop him, but it was too late. He was gone and they had no idea where he had gone. Hayley gave a worried look to Elijah. She didn't want to have to tell her daughter her father died on a suicide mission to teach one witch a lesson.