10 {It's All Coming Back to Me Now}

"Behind enemy lines, seems to be a trend with you, my little witch," Mikael mocked.

He was there and had a menacing look she knew all too well. Edie tried to speak, but he silenced her with his hand wrapped around her throat. He explained that he didn't want any more excuses. She choked and wrapped her hands around his wrists to fight him off, but it was futile. 

Then Mikael stopped and sniffed the air. His eyes narrowed and bore into hers.

"What have you done?" he sneered and she bit her lip close.

"Answer me!" he snarled and tightened his grip. She could feel her throat closing in and she knew it was almost time.

"Where is the child?" he bellowed. And then she smelled the sage and dog wood and she knew they had done it. Hope was cloaked. Then she chanted a spell and Mikael flew back away from her. She grasped her neck and then felt someone help her to her feet.

Kol steadied Edie on her feet and the Mikaelson siblings formed a small semi-circle around Mikael.

"Funny father, I don't remember sending you an invitation," Kol quipped and Mikael quickly phased towards Elijah and before Elijah could react he had a piece of white oak stake in his heart. Hayley cried out as Elijah's body started desiccating before her eyes.

The Mikaelson siblings quickly became alert. Edie was right. The man before them had one purpose, kill them and any feeling for them he ever had was gone.

Edie pushed Mikael back again with a spell and Freya tended to Elijah and heaved his body towards the manor. Keelin came to her aid, but Freya insisted that Keelin go get Marcel. Keelin gave Freya a defiant look, but Freya gave her a chaste kiss instead and Keelin reluctantly headed to the other side of town.

Meanwhile the Mikaelsons were fighting a losing battle. Edie had lost control of her power. She was trying to fight back, but Dahlia and Esther were too strong. Then she felt it. She materialized a white oak stake in Rebekah's heart. Edie had bloodied tears streaming down her cheeks because the power that surged through her was reckless and evil. She felt cursed as her limbs moved without her knowing. 

Then she saw it. Mikael stabbed him and then he lied there, cold. She ran up to his body and he looked like he was in agony and her heart shattered. And then he was just ash.

She stroked where her love's cheek would be and then stood up and looked to Klaus. He nodded, it was time. Edie knelt down and buried her hand in the ash where Kol was laid.

"I guess you've won, father," Klaus announced before stabbing the white oak stake into his own heart and Edie began chanting. Mikael was still stunned by the suicide of his bastard son while Edie was pulling the power from the elements of the stake in each of their hearts and she felt the white hot fire.

The nexus forti was blinding and it was devastating, but then it was over as quick as it began.

Mikael felt the overwhelming pain and bent over and clutched his head as the white light passed through his skull like an iron forged in the sun. Then he stood and saw his little witch lying unconscious next to his son. 

He tried to access her power but their link was blocked. He breathed hard and tried to reconnect himself with Edie's magic but he couldn't.

"Sorry, father, but you're all alone now."

"And how are you going to stop me, dear Freya?"

She quickly brought him to his knees and was trying to hold him off as long as she could, but it was hard to hold him there while she continued to cloak Hope. Soon, Mikael was able to withstand the pain and made his way to Freya when it all of a sudden stopped.