18 {My Angels Gave Up}

"Now, now, Bonnie. Is this anyway to treat a guest?" Ellesia remarked as she slid around Bonnie's defensive stance. Ellesia immediately swept her eyes over the room looking for clues.

Kol, Klaus and Edie remained huddled in the small wet closet in the back of the apartment.

"Alright, oh chivalrous brother, time to come up with another brilliant plan," Klaus seethed whilst giving a panicky stare through the crack in the door. Ellesia and Bonnie seemed to just be chatting and unaware that they were hiding. But Klaus knew that would be short-lived.

"Come, come now. A young witch like yourself has no need for them."

"I could say the same about an old hag. Especially an old hag who should be on the other side."

"Oh, now, Bonnie. That hurts my feelings. You and I both know that things on the other side are ever so dreary. You can't blame a girl for striking a deal with a devil or two in order to leave."

Edie's ears perked at the mention of the deal and Bonnie too was intrigued. 

"What deal did you strike in order to forever estrange yourself from the prestigious covens of New Orleans?"

Kol pulled at Edie's sleeve to alert her of his escape route, but Edie pushed his hand away. She had to know what was in it for this walking corpse. Klaus made a quick movement that distracted Edie just enough to miss all of what she said before being forcibly removed from the wet closet and subsequently racing through the backwoods of Virginia.

"Shame your guests couldn't stay Bonnie," just then Ellesia made a move to inhibit Bonnie from alerting anyone. However, she was too late.

Damon and Allaric quickly attacked the seemingly weak witch and Ellesia, too, fled the house. Afterall, she needed to get on the next train to New Orleans.

Klaus stopped their trek mid-way in order to get some "food." Kol stayed back with Edie. She silenced his furtive apologies with soft tug of his torso, pulling him into her embrace. Edie could never hate this vampire. No matter how brainwashed she once was, knowing him now, seeing him before her... She would never be able to hate him or his family. Always and forever.

Klaus returned to break up their happy reunion. He was informed that Ellesia has left Virginia so it is only a matter of time before she shows up. He looked to Edie as if to hope she had some sort of idea how to defeat her.

Edie just returned his gaze with a look of sadness. 

Back in New Orleans, Marcel and Elijah were just preparing for the worst. A dead witch backed by Dhalia and Esther was definitely a force to never trifle with. Hayley was making preparations for Hope and preparing for what could ultimately be her last moments with her daughter. 

Rebekah walked past Hayley's room to see how distraught the young mother looked. She could see Hayley, the once strong wolf pack alpha, crumbling. She hurriedly rushed to the kitchen a put a hand over Elijah's.

"I can assure you that everything will work out without the slightest hiccup, so long as-"

"It's Hayley. She needs you. Whether she admits it or not," Rebekah replied while slowly crossing the room towards Marcel. Elijah gave a small smile to his beloved sister before taking long strides towards Hayley's room.

He came in just as she was finishing a letter. He didn't need to know what she was thinking. All he knew was that she was frightened. 

"We've faced far worse and come through only slightly scathed," he tried to remind her.

"But you didn't promise your daughter that after all her family flirted with death once that form then on they would never face such a tragedy. Yet here we are!"