2 {Get Inside My Mind}

Kol feels his heavy eyes start to lighten and his limbs regain their strength. He slowly opens his eyes to be met with emotionless hazel ones. The same eyes that expressed to be sided with his mortal enemy before disabling him.

"What did you do?" he asks while rubbing his shoulder.

"Just an enhanced disarming spell. Nothing too menacing for our first encounter. I wouldn't want to scare you off," she smirked.

"Why are we here? Why not bring me to my father?"

"I love the smell of freshly ground coffee beans and hazelnut, especially when I'm feeling groggy after being spelled," she half-explains.

"Are you being purposefully naive or do you enjoy inciting lots of exasperation with your speech?"

"Only when it comes to vampires one thousand years old or more..."

"So you have angered my father, is that why you are in his service? He has some sort of hold on you?"

"He has a lot over me and now I know better than to do anything other than what he asks."

"So, if you didn't have to help him then, you wouldn't?"

"His cause is not noble, but eliminating you all seems to be noble to everyone else. Therefore,  if it helps my atonement then it is all a means to my end."

"I don't know if you can be atoned by murdering more people."

"But if I murder someone who has murdered millions, maybe so."

"Edith Anne is sort of a mouthful, darling," Kol deflected. He didn't know why, but her cold exterior wasn't scaring him off, just intriguing him even more. She was almost too disinterested in their conversation. She kept shifting her eyes, scanning the room, the street... He wanted her full attention.

"Well, you seem to be set on calling me darling, why not just continue with that?"

"Playing hard to get will get you nowhere..." he teased and she finally cracked a smile.

"Edie works too."

"Alright, Edie darling."

Suddenly, Edie brought her hand to her forearm where a slow burn started to build. She couldn't understand why the Nordic mark came because she wasn't questioning her loyalty. To her knowledge, she had done nothing to cause the blistering rune to act up.

"Something the matter, Edie darling?"

And there it was again, singing shock of pain. She quickly excuses herself and then across the street she makes eyes with her warden. Her eyes widen at his sudden appearance and her reaction makes Kol curiously follow her eyes to meet the figure of the man who had been trying to eliminate him for over a thousand years. His father, Mikael. Edie hurriedly leaves the cafe without any farewell to Kol and walks quickly towards Mikael. Before Kol could even blink, they both disappeared into thin air. 

Kol hurriedly stood up and tried to calm the fear that had struck him in his chest. He needed to get to the manor outside the city where his family resides. He quickly pocketed some keys off their waiter from the cafe and swiftly sped towards city limits.

"Well, Nik, seems I was right, as always," Kol explains as he sits on the chair before all his siblings. Rebekah was pacing about the room while Elijah remained at the window cautiously glancing outside.

"What are you on about now, Kol?" Klaus groans at his brother's vexing demeanor. 

"Our new little witch. She does have something big up her sleeve. Something I wasn't expecting either."