Chapter Twenty-six

Cameron Northridge.
*********************
             Its been a week since the incident with June...and need I say its been the worst week of my life.

             I haven't seen her since then and I'm so grateful for that, I don't know how I'm gonna face her, coming to terms with the fact that I was a father just made me feel worse,I had a child I never knew about... And she died....I sighed and turned my attention back to the TV.

        "Hey" Kate said to Charlie and I as she came in...Ivan walked in behind her and just nodded at us.

      "Hey yourself. How's June?" Charlie asked and my heart jumped. Kate must have gone to visit June.

       "She's fine" Kate said and Ivan grunted at her reply.

       "She's in a bad shape...Don't tell me those plastic smiles fooled you. She's hurting so bad.. I wish I could drill that bastard in the face...who invited him in the first place?" Ivan said angrily...and the fact that he cared so much for her just didn't really sit well with me.

          "I wish I had super powers... So I could just kill her mum and that god forsaken bastard.....how could you stand to call yourself a man when you physically abused a woman till she went into forced labour and still ne proud of it" Kate seethed and tears formed in her eyes..but all those didn't affect me...only two things sank.

      Physically abused.... Forced labour.

       "She was physically abused?" I spoke up for the first time and I'm sure the anger in my voice startled them.

          "Gosh, i cant believe I blurted that out" she said as she slightly blushed...She rants a lot.

     "Speak up Kate" I drawled in anger and she raised her chin defiantly.

      "No...She made me promise not to tell, so I'm not spilling" She said and I gritted my teeth.

      "You already spilled Kate.. Just freaking tell me" I said and she looked at me in a weird way..

     "Why do you even care?...I thought you didnt like her, what is this??..pity?, women hate pi..."

      "That child was mine!" I closed my eyes and admitted.

     "Whoa"
     "Right about time"
     "Huuhh?!"

       If i were in a better mood I would have laughed at her expression... But I was feeling like the worst man on earth... And my chest felt constricted. That bastard took my child away from me.

       "Cameron, chill....you mean you are the guy from six years ago?...June's baby was yours?" Kate asked with wide eyes and I licked my dry lips and nodded.

      "You all knew?" Kate asked pointing accusing fingers at Charlie and Ivan

     "Not until last week... I mean, we knew Cameron was the guy from six years ago.. But we just found out she had a baby....I wasn't totally sure it was Cameron's but I had my guesses" Ivan said and Charlie nodded.

       "Cameron, what happened six years ago?" I heard and mum walked into the sitting room with a blank face. Shit!

************
        "And you never told me!" Mum said immediately I was done telling her everything up in my room.

      "I'm sorry" I said.

     "I'm sorry too.... It must be so hard knowing your baby died... I can't imagine the pain June must be going through." Mum said and I nodded.