Chapter 18

WARNING: A/N is a bit long, but I would appreciate it if you read it nonetheless :)

"Chailey" seems to have won out over "Hase" for a ship name between Hailey and Chase! (Note that I never said anything about them ever getting together, muhahah >;) ) so yay for a possible Chailey!

This chapter is dedicated to @coridadino12 who reported to me seeing a Wattpad user who had entirely copied my story. Thankfully the Wattpad team is awesome and had the problem resolved in less than 24 hours after I had reported it! Hopefully none of you will ever have that problem, but if you ever find that someone has copied your story I'm sure you'll be glad to know that Wattpad is very efficient about it:)

Also thank you to @jadaboss143 who also told me she found a story a lot like mine although since it's not word for word copying, but rather same plot, title, and main ideas it doesn't work the same.

I can't believe that someone would copy someone else's story, especially word for word though... -.- I mean it's downgrading to yourself and all the comments and votes you'd receive aren't going to be worth anything in your eyes if you're passing for someone else... All right, mini rant over, I hope that never happens to any of you guys, and now on to the chapter!

Oops, one second! Let's all sing "happy birthday" to @dodolovato4 !!

(I won't type out the whole song you guys are probably yelling at me in your heads to shut up and wrap up this A/N already...)

So, without putting this off any longer, here is your next chapter!

--------------------------------------

Chapter 18

Autumn and I had left the castle through a large wooden door at the back of the castle. The gardens behind the castle were smaller than the ones in the front, and cut off by rows of tall trees. Although the trees obscured our sight, they didn't stop the noise that reached our ears. It was peculiar, kind of like metal pots banging into each other repeatedly and the rings of an untuned guitar string, with grunts and muted yells. Autumn was unfazed by the noise and kept walking down the gravel path, continuing our conversation, but I interrupted her to ask what all of that noise was.

"The training grounds are behind the trees over there. So yeah, it's just the sound of everyone training."

"Really?"

"No, I just randomly made that up," she joked. "Hey, maybe Chase's there! Want to go? We'll have plenty of time to visit the actual city later."

We followed a dusty trail to the training grounds, and as we got closer the noise intensified. The trees opened up, and I finally saw the training grounds. Some people were fighting in sand arenas, others were doing pushups and similar workouts, and many more were practicing archery in a large field.

I let my eyes scan over the area, overwhelmed by the amount of bustling activity. Someone called out my name, and I turned my head to see Aiden jogging towards Autumn and me carrying a long wooden bow.

"Hey, Aiden," Autumn and I greeted him as he reached us.

"Hey, girls! Did you wake up this morning wanting to ache all over, or even better, did you come here to bring me food?"

I shook my head, laughing, "Sorry, neither."

Aiden turned to Autumn hopefully, but she said, "No, I was going to show Hailey the village, but we decided to drop by first. You know, it's too bad, if I had known we would see you I might have saved you a piece of that yummy blueberry pie or one of those gooey chocolate chip cookies," she teased.