Chapter 19

Hi!

Well looks like Aiden is getting shipped all over the place!

-Haiden (Hailey and Aiden)

(EDIT: To some people who are confused: No, Hailey is not Aiden's cousin. Aiden called her his cousin as a joke; they have no relation whatsoever.)

-Aidumn (Autumn and Aiden)

-Braiden (Bree and Aiden)

And I was also suggested a Chatumn (Chase and Autumn)

What do the rest of you think about that?

Thanks for your hilarious comments, you guys crack me up! And wow who would have thought you'd get so defensive of Hailey?

I absolutely love you guys<3

This chapter is dedicated to the sweet @pinkysparkle0714 :)

As a token of my undying love, here's a little chapie!

____________

Quick recap:

Hailey visited the training fields and the chapter ended with an argument between Bree and her.

----------------

Chap 19

"Well, I think you did pretty well."

I turned around to see Autumn coming up to me with a small smile.

"What do you mean?"

"That was Bree. She's one of the highest ranking officers, at least as high as possible for someone about our age. It's pretty impressive actually."

"That still doesn't explain why she's like that," I replied, referring to her earlier rudeness and sudden change of mood.

"Bree's not the most fun-loving person around, I think you got that. In fact she probably takes everything a bit too seriously. But honestly, she's got a big heart, and she just wants the best for the king she pledged her allegiance to and everyone who depends on him. I guess she wanted to know that you weren't going to be a drag. To be honest, saying she smelled like a pig wasn't the best insult I've ever heard, but at least it shows you've got spirit, and you won't let people walk all over you. And she can respect that."

I nodded, that made sense, for the most part. "I get it. Although I have to admit I hadn't really realized what being a Winged princess meant before. I mean, I've barely been here two days, and it's already..." I trailed off. "What do people expect out of me?"

Autumn thought for a minute. "Right now, nothing in particular, I don't think. After all, you've just arrived. But we're on the verge of war, the king is getting old, and we know practically nothing about our enemies, so the daughter of one of the lost princesses reappearing seems like a pretty good omen."

I thought about that for a bit. I didn't really believe in omens, but I could see how my appearance could add a little hope in people's hearts.

"Can you fight?" Autumn suddenly asked.

"Me? Oh, no. I mean, I know the basis of self-defense, and I can throw a pretty mean punch, but that's basically it." I grimaced.

Autumn laughed, "Don't worry, that's already more than me. You've seen mostly warriors up to now, but actually many of us don't know how to fight either."

I smiled. "Well good to know I might actually be of some use, then."

"Don't worry, I'm sure you can do much more than you yet realize."