Chapter 2

I hadn't noticed that we were in our underwear until the door swing open only to find.

Crystal.

Crystal was Rivers only friend/bedmate before he was told he had to marry me. I remember when we would have meetings and River and Crystal would be stuck like glue on each other. I think that they both had something more than just playing around in bed. But, I shoved it out of my memory. Heck, I never really though about her until now.

"River." Her eyes were bug eyed glued on me and River. I look over at River who was starting to smile. I felt the urge to smack him. So I did so.

"What the hell Ems." He says holding his cheek looking at me. I just smile and look back over at Crystal who was obviously stunned by the moment.

"So its true." She whispers thinking that only River could hear. But, she can't whisper. Her head was down as she fidgeted with her fingers.

"It's kind of clear. Ems and I are getting married and that's final." River says holding his arms open smiling. He made sure that it was loud enough to hear. I just nod quickly looking down at the ground.

"Well, when your divorced you know who to call." She winks walking out the door but then giving me daggers as she closes the door. Bitch. Female dog.

I look over at River who was only starring at the door deep in thought. I always wondered what was going through a mans mind in moments like these. Or at least River's.

"It's true." I say as I start to put on my pants. River just looks at me and then back at the door and then mutters something. What could possibly be going on in his mind right now? Ugh, I wanna know so bad!!!
I continue to dress myself. I look over at River who was starring at me. Or more at my chest.
"What's true?" He pleads.

"That we will be divorced." I say a little bit softer than usual. He just stares at the ground.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks as he grabs his shirt and starts to button it.
I just shrug in response as I sit on the little red chair in the living room. He continues to stare at me as I continue to get dressed.

"Remember how, we gave each other our virginity?"

I freeze at the remark. I never thought about that too often anymore. We did give each other our virginity.
It was senior prom. We had been broken up for 3 years. We were still friends though. In a way.

****FLASHBACK****

I walk towards the punch bowl saddened. My friends had ditched me to dance with there dates. Heck, they knew no one asked me since men were too scared to date me since I dated River. I hated him in this moment.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I knew who this was. I knew his touch. I knew him.

"River what do you want?" I plead not even daring to turn my head around.

"A dance." He whispers seductively in my ear. It sent shivers down my spine. I truly hate this affect he has a hold over me.

I nod my head as he takes my hand. At our school dance we were outside. I mean, we live in LA. It's just the perfect weather 24/7.  The gorgeous breeze blows through River's hair making it prettier than usual. Ugh, these feelings!