Chapter 16

"You know I would never forget about you."

There stands my twin brother. James.

"What the hell do you want?!" I plead as he snaps his fingers having his men quickly running towards me holding me back as I attempt to break free.

"I want to be you. I want Emmer. You knew I ALWAYS loved her! While here you are, cheating on her with freaking CRYSTAL!" He says pointing his gun at Crystal as if he was surprised I kissed her when I was drunk.

Him saying those words made me stop. My brain physically stopped. I knew I messed up. I mean, I didn't eat for a few weeks because of it! You seriously don't need to remind me. It's a burden I will never forget.

I looked over at Crystal who had lost her baby bump. What the fuck?!

I could feel my arms clench in anger. I was holding my fists back in anger. How dare he say Ems in the same words. He was the one who had punched her in anger at the age of 6!

"You know fucking why you lost that chance!You lost it because you fucking PUNCHED Emmer!" I yell as the men attempt to hold me back. The thing these men don't know is I'm not giving them my all. I'm not just ready to physically hurt my twin brother.

"Oh, twin brother River. I was older than you by 9 minutes. I was bound to be married to Emmer. Not you." He says as he swings his gun in his left hand prepared to shoot. My brother and I were left handed. That was his stronger hand. But the sad part is I've ALWAYS been stronger than James. He isn't the tough guy here.

"But yet here we are. Emmer was pregnant with my child. Not yours!" I spit as he gives me daggers. I had shut him up. Finally.

"That's right. She was pregnant with your child. Now she's not." He says with a sly smirk plastered on his face.

"James," I say as I slowly drag my eyes down to the floor to notice a rope on the floor. I slowly use my feet to bring it to my hands that were behind my back.

"How would you know that?" I say as I slowly put the rope in my hands. He hadn't noticed thankfully.

"Because I was the one that was in the truck. I caused the crash." He says as he aims the gun at his chest in pride. That's. When. I. Snapped.

I had snapped through the two guys that were holding me back. I quickly aimed for my twin brother James choking him against the wall.

He quickly kicked me. I hissed but quickly banged his head against the wall. I quickly grab his gun from his hands as he lays there with a shattered head.

As I turn my body around I notice the body guards and Crystal aiming guns at me. I just stand there shocked. In this moment all I thought about was Emmer. I knew this was my last moment.

"I'm sorry Emmer."

Bang!

++Emmer's P.O.V.++

"Efa! Would you fucking help me?!" I yell as I quickly pack my bag. Efa had taken me quickly home from the hospital after we had heard the news about River. She keeps trying to tell me to calm down but I didn't give a shit.

"EMMER!!!!!!" She yells as loud as she can in anger. I could tell she was really mad but I didn't care.

"Please. Just calm down. It doesn't help you physically to be all worked up like this." She says with a sudden calm voice.

I give her daggers as I continue to quickly put all of my spear weapons in my bag. I remember when River and I had first started dating we had done some shooting together. We would go hunting every now and then.