Chapter 10

++Rivers P.O.V.++
Suddenly all us four guys see the door swing open only to find...

Heath.

Now my fists were balling. I had never felt more furious in my life? Did Ems invite him here? He obviously still loves her. Does... does... does Ems still have feelings for him? No. She's married to me. Carrying MY child.

"Ummm, can I speak to Emmer?" Heath pleads. Making me even more furious than before. I noticed he still has the scar on his nose when I punched him. Ha. That felt good.

"Why the fuck do you want to see her?" I stand up to face him. I was taller than him by like 2 inches.

"I just need to speak with her man." He shoves right past me. Heath used to be my best friend. Until he formed feelings for Emmer. He even told me about how he liked her when I was still getting over her.

I follow him with my eyes as he heads upstairs.
Once he thinks that I'm not following him I rub up the stairs only to have find him quickly shut the bedroom door. Oh Efa please still be in there.

I lean again the bedroom wall next to the bedroom wall.

"Oh. Hey Heath. What are you doing here?" I hear Emmer plead. She sounded shocked. Man this hurt my heart. Damn.

"Hey, ummm I need to tell you something." He says softly like the bitch he is.

"Umm Efa can you go for a moment?" Emmer asks making me even more angry. Why does she want to be alone with... HIM?!

"Sure." I hear Efa wall towards the door and slowly open it. She jumps when she sees me leaning against the wall eavesdropping.

"River. My god. That's sooo creepy." The.lb she laughs at the end of her sentence.

"Are you.. eavesdropping?!" She laughs. I just give her daggers as she coughs her laugh away.

"Let me listen Efa!" I whisper yell. She nods smiling trying not to laugh.

"Look, Emmer... the other day when I told you don't kiss me if you don't like me. I was kind of trying to tell you... I still love you Emmer." I can hear Ems breath heavily. She obviously didn't sound okay.

"Efa." I ask.

"What?" She says as she is leaning against the door.

"Should I go in there?" I plead. Hoping I can so I can punch him.

"No. You don't let your anger take over. The demons need to stay away." She says with a dorky tone. I scoff as she continues to laugh.

"Heath! Get off of me! I'm married!" I Ems yell.

That's it. I'm going in.

I kick the door down only to find Heath almost kissing Emmer. Fuck. You. Dumb. Ass.

I walk over towards Heath and punch him right on the nose again. Suddenly Heath punches me back in the torso. Doesn't he know I have a six pack. Like, bro.

I swing another punch and he instantly falls to the ground. Almost crying.

Ems just looks shocked. She just stares at me with big eyes. What is with her reaction?

"River. What the fuck. He could be damn dead!" She practically yells. Suddenly I hear the sounds of footsteps coming up the stairs. It was the guys. They all stare at me and Heath back and fourth.