Chapter 4

"I'm pregnant."

Holy crap! I'm PREGNANT!
No. No. No. No. NO! Why world? Why choose me out of everyone in the entire world?! WHY?

I feel like I'm going to barf. No, cry. I'm going to cry.

Tears start to stream down my face. My world is ending. Heck, maybe I'm not pregnant. It's probably one of those cheap pregnancy tests. Yeah. IM AS FREE AS A BIRD!

Yet, I'm getting married tomorrow. IM FREE FOR A FEW HOURS!

I look in the mirror to see myself. 'What have you done to your life Emmer?' My fawn hair was in a mess while my lips were pink from all of the kissing. I touch my lips to feel them puffy.

River.

WHO AM I KIDDING! I'm PREGNANT!

I feel another tear stream down my face. Ugh, why couldn't I be a man so I wouldn't have to deal with all of the pregnancies, birth, MEN, and even stress. Hell, all men should know that women go through stress at some point of there life. Wether early in your life or not. Men should know we all go through stress. That's just life.

I sniff away all of my tears. I will just go to the doctor. I will be okay.

****

"River, I told you for the last time you can't come with me to see my dress!" I start to get louder as he annoys me to the core about coming with me to see me try on wedding dresses.

He starts to walk towards me as he swings me around to face him. I just smile. He leans in kissing my neck but I quickly slap his cheek making him back away hissing.

"Sorry." I whisper as I dash out of the door leaving River alone and clueless.

I slam the red door behind me and breathe. That's what I needed to breathe. My world felt upside down. River slamming back into my life while he looks at me the same way he always did. Devotion. Heck, I could be PREGNANT. And I surely know it's his child. He was the only person I have had sex with lately.

Slowly I feel little tears streaming down my face. I just let them fall. "Why?" I whisper to myself.

Yes, I did lie to River about wedding dress shopping. I wasn't going to that just yet. I mean, I'm checking if I'm pregnant first! That's a priority.

I run towards my black Mini Cooper. My keys shaking in my hand. I start the engine with a sigh and leave the driveway praying I'm not pregnant.

****

"Okay ma'am we have your results." The doctor comes messing with her glasses.
I slightly nod to myself fidgeting with my hands.

"Here are the papers sweetheart." The lady hands me the papers revealing the rest of my life.

1) I'm going to be as free as a bird and get to be with whoever I desire once I divorce River in 5 years.

Or

2) I'm a stay at home mom married to the billionaire player. Wishing something exciting would happen. But never happens and River is nagging me about wanting to have sec again while I slap some sense into him.

It's one or the other. I REALLY hope it's 1.

I slowly grab the he paper with my hands shaking. Oh my god. THIS IS MY LIFE ON THIS PAPER!

I slowly open it to see...

Oh my god. I'm truly pregnant. IM GOING TO BE STUCK WITH RIVER!

I feel myself start to ball. We were supposed to be divorced in 5 years. That can't happen now. I want my child to have the total opposite of a childhood I had.

"Miss. Are you going to be alright?"

"Of course. I apologize." I sniff as I stand up.

Suddenly the lady hugs me. In this moment I felt comforted. Something my parents never gave me.

"Thank you." I step away as she just nods in joy. I walk away with my eyes puffy. My world really has changed. And it's for the worse.

****

"Oh my god EmEm, you look stunning!" Efa claps her hands together in joy.

I really loved this dress. It was stunning.
The sleeves weren't too long but just right. The dress was nice and biggish in the bottom. The dress would touch each curve until we get to my hips, that's where the skirt expands into a beautiful straight skirt.

 The dress would touch each curve until we get to my hips, that's where the skirt expands into a beautiful straight skirt

I feel Efa swing her hand on my shoulder comforting me.

"I know you wish they supported you. We all do."

I fidget with my hands as a few tears stream down my face.

"Efa can I tell you something?"

Efa nods intently as she sits down on the couch eager to listen.

"You can't tell anyone alright?"

"EmEm, just spill it!" She spits.

"I'm pregnant."

We both just stare at each other for what feels like and eternity. I fidget with my hands the eternity. She just sits there paused.

"I hope you told River."

I bite my lip in response. I didn't and I kinda don't plan to right now.

"I don't feel as though, River wants a child right now. I will keep it a secret until I start to get fat!" I bounce up in joy.

All Efa does is shake her head. Efa's red curls always went nicely with whatever she wore. I was always jealous of that.

I just walk over to the changing room to dress out of my wedding dress. I hear Efa talking to a deep manly voice that sounded familiar. I just shake it off.

I open the door when suddenly 2 arms are on each side of me. I'm trapped between the man and the door. As I look up to notice who it is I gasp.

"Heath, what are you doing?"

🥀💍🥀

Hey guys! Sorry this was really short. The wedding though will be SOOOOOO long! IM SOOOO EXCITED! Bye loves!❤️