Scary Movies

"Why do you always wanna watch scary movies??" Tweek whines. Craig just shrugs.
"Dunno, I just like them."
"You can't watch them alone?" Tweek grumbles.
"...I do," Craig says after a pause. Tweek huffs, and sits down on the edge of Craig's bed.
"Well I hope you're prepared to protect me then."
"Yeah, I know. Yah baby." Craig teases playfully.
Little did he know, scary movies didn't actually scare Tweek as much as he liked to lead on. Tweek only pretended to be so terrified, as an excuse to bury himself deep into Craig's warm embrace all night.
Had Craig been aware of this, he would've chucked the boring, predictable films straight out the window, more than happy to tightly wrap his arms around his favorite person every single night they spent together.
The only reason Craig played the damn things, was so Tweek would burrow himself into him like the most adorable, pastry scented, spooked guinea pig in existence.
Craig had picked an especially 'disturbing' movie tonight. The reviews had all been extremely promising, and he hoped he'd be at least entertained for once.

It did not disappoint. This particular movie even got to Craig a little.
They lay tightly huddled in each other's arms underneath the blanket, both overly tuned into every little noise Craig's house made.
"What was that??" Tweek panics, clutching harder into Craig's flesh.
"N-nothing," Craig tires to reassure. "Probably just the floorboards settling..." he reasons, but strains his ears despite himself. Craig didn't like this. He'd never felt this uneasy in his life. It's as if every nerve was on high alert.
Sleep was impossible, and Tweek freaking out even more than usual, only added to his unease.
This is ridiculous, he tells himself.
It's just a movie. It's not real. There's nothing to be afraid of.
CREAAAAK
The both flinch, gripping each other in panic.
The hall light flicks on underneath Craig's door, and they listen intently as Mr. Tucker sleepily clears his throat and makes his way down the stairs. They laugh breathlessly in relief, relaxing their death grips on each other for this moment of reprieve.
They grin sheepishly at each other, panting from the mad rush of adrenaline crashing through their veins. They're still close.
Closer than they'd usually be, and hopelessly tangled in the blanket, as well as each other's limbs. It's getting hot under Craig's thick comforter, and their frenzied bodies emit even more heat.

"It's hot." Craig comments, making to remove the blanket to no avail. He tugs harder, only succeeding in bumping his nose against Tweek's.
Craig can feel Tweeks whole body twitch in surprise, as if it were his own.
"S-sorry," he mumbles awkwardly, still struggling to untangle himself from the blanket. Tweek leaps into action as well, tugging on another corner of blanket, almost desperately.
Of course, they only manage to get even more tangled, so Craig uses his body as a sort of makeshift brace to wedge the blanket open a little further.

"Tweek, here. Wait. Tweek, stop pull-" Craig loses his balance, his hand slipping out from underneath himself, and he falls smack onto Tweek, who lets out a winded breath but finally stops trying to tear his way out of their cocoon.
"You ok?" Craig props himself up to look down at his squashed friend. Tweek takes deep breaths and is having a hard time meeting Craig's eyes. If there were more light in the room, Craig would have been all too aware of the spreading crimson staining Tweek's freckle dusted nose and cheeks, but lucky for Tweek, it's too dark to see.

"M'f-fine, you're not that heavy," Tweek mumbles, staying strangely still. Craig groans softly in pain.
"Well, I might not be 'that heavy', but you sure are jagged." He complains, gingerly rubbing at his hip where it had collided with Tweek's.
"Sorry," Tweek mumbles, attempting to inconspicuously shimmy out from underneath Craig.
"You should eat more," Craig reasons, tilting his head back up to meet Tweek's eyes and let him know he's serious.
Their noses bump again, and this time, time seems to stop. They stare at each other in surprise, then slowly, their attention shifts lower, each focusing on the other's lips. Neither of them moves, afraid to shatter this strange time freeze. Craig can feel Tweek's heartbeat racing against his ribcage, and was all too aware of the fact that Tweek could also feel his own heart, pounding just as loud and fast.
"Craig, u-uhm.." Tweek breathes, breaking the silence. Unable to handle the tension any longer.
Craig lets out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding, and rolls off of Tweek, somehow swiftly untangling the blanket and flinging it off of them.

They lay next to each other awkwardly, deeply breathing in the cool air outside of their cocoon, both of them buzzing with the lingering effects of the other's intimate proximity. Craig contemplates the choice he made, regretting it deeply, while Tweek is too stunned to contemplate anything, fixating on how close he just was to kissing Craig.

The light in the hallway is shut off as Mr. Tucker goes back to bed, and the small amount of light that had filtered in underneath the door, and provided the small amount of comforting visibility, vanishes; plunging the pair into complete darkness once more.
Tweek is suddenly hyper-aware of everything he can't see anymore, his breath automatically shortening so his ears can pick up the slack on his lack of sight.
An apprehensive tingle prickles all over his body as incoherent terror grips him, and he yanks the discarded blanket back over himself frantically, hiding his body from the ominous darkness.
"S-sorry," he says shakily, aware of Craig's unspoken bewilderment.
"..What..?" Craig asks carefully.
"I, uh, I feel like it's in here... l-looking at me..."
A cold shiver runs down Craig's spine, he's certain it's there, right behind him, ready to drag him out of bed to his death.
"Jesus Christ!" He hisses, yanking up the blanket and clutching at Tweek in terror. Tweek frantically tucks them both snugly under the blanket, and they both giggle awkwardly.
"That movie was fucked." Craig whispers breathlessly.
"Yeah," Tweek agrees, just as breathlessly. The laugh again, feeling silly as they clutch to each other in terror over a movie.
"...Hey, Tweek?" Craig whispers after a while.
"Yeah?" Tweek replies. Craig hesitates, fidgeting slightly.
"What is it?" Tweek asks, irrational fear tightening its grip on him.
"Uhm. A-about earlier.." Craig begins, fidgeting awkwardly.
"...earlier..?" Tweek asks in confusion, involuntarily wiggling closer, fearful apprehension still tickling at the back of his neck. Craig huffs out a breath, mirroring Tweek's tiny shuffle until the tips of their noses press together.

It's completely silent as both boys freeze, holding their breath.
Craig breaks the silence first, slightly tilting his head and pushing forward until his lips collide with Tweek's.

The kiss is brief, lasting only long enough for Tweek to gasp in surprise.
"Sorry.. I just, really wanted to try that.." Craig whispers, trying to untangle himself from Tweek, but Tweek clutches at him.
"Don't!" he hisses frantically. "It could be waiting..... a-also..." he stammers, swiftly pressing his lips back against Craig's.
This kiss lasts a bit longer than the first, and when they finally break apart, they don't go too far, tips of noses brushing as they try to catch their breath. The way they clutch at each other has somehow completely changed, and the terror infused atmosphere is now heavy with breathless panting.

Neither of them say anything, not that they need words to communicate exactly where either of them stand after that kiss.
Fingers soften their grip on limbs, but tug closer, pulling until they both lay flush against each other, foreheads touching closely, noses tucked together snugly, and lips close enough not to miss each other as they keep catching their breath.

"Guess, we don't need to watch scary movies anymore," Craig muses in a whisper.
"Thank god." Tweek murmurs in agreement, sighing deeply as he snuggles into the crook of Craig's neck.