Communication

"Just talk to me, Tweek." Craig says, exasperation straining his tone.
"How many times do we have to go through the same routine before you can just tell me, right-away, what's really bothering you??"
"It's not that fucking easy, Craig!! You think if I could just spell it out, that I wouldn't??" Tweek clenches his teeth, yanking on his shirt hem in frustration.
"I don't know what I'm doing, man!!" This time he yanks on a fistful of his soft, pale-gold hair. Craig unconsciously mimics the movement, running a hand through his own hair in frustration.
"Just... just tell me what you want, Tweek." Tweek opens his mouth to protest, but Craig cuts him off, anticipating his rebuttal.
"Just tell me what you want me to do."  Tweeks jaw snaps shut, his train of thought coming to a screeching halt. What did he want Craig to do?? He had no idea.
Well, wasn't that just an outright lie.
Tweek had several ideas of what Craig should do, each of them requiring him to be sitting much closer than he currently was.
He bites his lip furiously, trying to cancel out his thoughts.
Thoughts of Craig's hands, his gentle fingers tenderly soothing all the painful feelings with every touch.
But Craig only ever touched him carefully. As if anything more than holding hands and brief kisses to keep up appearances was inappropriate. Tweek grits his teeth.
"There must be something I can do." Craig pushes impatiently.
"I just want you to-...touch me..." he finally blurts, hiding his face in his hands.
Craig's eyes widen, and heat rushes to his cheeks, but then he realizes Tweek must have meant the usual way they touched.
Craig rubs Tweek's back soothingly
"That's fine, Tweek. You don't need to be embarrassed if you need me to touch you," Craig tells him in that special voice he uses, when Tweek loses his grip on reality.
"...n-no," Tweek mutters weakly.
"No? No what, Tweek?" Craig asks, leaning in closer in order to hear Tweek's muted reply.
"That's not what I mean," comes Tweek's whisper. Craig's heart starts beating faster, understanding Tweek's meaning before his brain can put the pieces together.
"What do you mean, then?" Craig asks, his brain still not fully comprehending Tweeks meaning, his own voice now just a murmur as well.
"..." Tweek opens and closes his mouth several times, unable to find any words to explain what he means. Finally he just looks up, and finds his gaze steadily held. They stare at each other in silence, the air around them heavy before Craig finally breaks their trance, his brain finally caught up; he leans forward and firmly presses his lips to Tweeks cheek.
"Kinda like that?" He asks uncertainly. Tweek exhales sharply.
"Yes..?" He confirms timidly. Craig complies, pressing his lips to Tweek's freckled cheek again, this time keeping them there for longer, and shuffling closer until they sit legs snugly touching.
"What else?" Craig murmurs softly.
"Uh-uhm..." Tweek fidgets, having trouble meeting those patient eyes, regarding him so tenderly. Craig gently brushes his fingers along Tweek's cheek, tilting his face slightly before connecting their lips tenderly. Tweek sighs, hiding his face into Craig's shoulder.
"You shouldn't do that," he mumbles. Craig absently slips his fingers into tweeks hair, petting soothingly, as if the blond boy was the human version of his guinea pig.
"Why not?" He asks softly.
"Because, ...it's just gonna make things worse..." Tweek admits, more to himself than anything.
Now Craig is confused.
"It's gonna make what worse?" He asks. Tweek groans, slapping his hands over his face.
"...no, I do w-want you to..." he can't choke out the words. His whole body is on fire with embarrassment, and Craig just sits there, waiting patiently for an explanation.
"Tweek, I can't do what you want me to do, unless I know what it is you want me to do." Craig reasons with him gently.
Goddddd could he be more clueless??? Tweek stews.
They sit in silence, Craig waiting for Tweek to tell him what he wants, and Tweek trying to find the words to tell Craig how he feels about him.
"I..." Tweek whimpers out from between his hands. Please. Craig silently implores whatever deity might be listening, and shuffling closer to put his arm around Tweek's shoulders in encouragement.
"Ohgod." Tweek flusters, rocking forward slightly in an unconscious attempt to make himself small enough to disappear.
"It's okay, Tweek. I wanna help. You can tell me." Craig encourages.
"Fuuuckk..." Tweek groans, embarrassment flaring up in his cheeks as he folds himself forward even further.
"Ilikeyouokay??" He blurts into his knees.
"What?" Craig leaning down to catch Tweek's muffled words. Tweek exhales sharply, then repeats himself, a little louder.
"ILIKEYOUOKAY??"
Craig is stunned.
"I... like you too.." He says, in disbelief that the words he'd wanted to hear, actually came out of Tweek's mouth. Tweek lets out an exasperated sigh, all of his previous nervousness had expired with his rushed confession.
"No. I'm IN LOVE with you." Tweek deadpans. Craig blinks. Once, twice, the third time his eyes scrunch up, as if he can't quite connect meaning to the words Tweek had spoken.
"Like... you want to date me... for real?" Craig clarifies. Tweek nods, staring at his nervously clasped hands in his lap, embarrassment flaring up once again.
"Oh," Craig says softly, the arm around Tweek's shoulders sliding to squeeze the blond boy tighter. Tweek feels Craig's lips press tenderly to his cheek.
"I'm glad." Craig says. Tweek tilts his head up, to search Craig's expression, and finds a radiant smile greeting him.
"You... like me too??" Tweek asks in surprise. Craig kisses him softly.
"Of course." He says matter-of-factly. Tweek lets out an awkward giggle, clunking their foreheads together.
"Good." He sighs in relief, grinning up at Craig, who beams back at him.
"You know, for someone who is always saying I should just tell you what's on my mind, you definitely haven't done that in return." Tweek complains teasingly. Craig smirks sheepishly.
"This was different... it didn't bother me.. I mean, like, I didn't need to tell you to feel better. I like just being with you, so it didn't matter what way I got to be with you." Craig explains. Tweek scoffs.
"Well you should've. Cause sometimes, the stuff that's bothering me is that I don't know how you feel." Tweek admits bashfully. Craig is shocked.
"Tweek... I'm so sorry," he hastily apologizes.
"I didn't know you felt that way..." Craig says remorsefully. Tweek chuckles softly, kissing Craig's cheek.
"I told you, I wanna fix whatever's hurting you. But you always just fix whatever's hurting me instead." Tweek murmurs. Craig kisses him deeply.
"You do fix me." Craig states. Tweek chuckles breathily.
"Promise?" He murmurs against Craig's lips.
"Promise." Craig murmurs in return, pressing his lips into Tweek's once more.

[A/N: omf. This took me so long to edit and I'm still not happy with it 😩😩]