16

Saturday continued

Narrator POV

"I'm texting her one more time, she's always on her phone. She has to see all of our texts." Dinah picks up her phone and begins typing. "Has she ever done this before?" None of the girls knew Lauren as much as Dinah did, they were practically inseparable since they were in fourth grade. "She hasn't disappeared before. We always told each other when something was wrong, that's why I'm so worried."

[Dinah 7:27 pm]

Lauren, please. We're all worried sick. It has been days since we have seen you, come home already.

"Something was wrong when we went out last Saturday. I saw it right before she left, I tried asking if she was alright but she got mad and I decided to drop it." Camila looks down. "Why am I so stupid. When you see your friend upset, you help them get through it. I just let her leave. This is my fault, she could be hurt and-" Dinah cuts in before she can finish. "This was not your fault cheech, I know her enough to know how stubborn she is. She would've just gotten mad and stormed out before telling you what was wrong." 

"We have to figure out what happened and get our Lauren back" Ally walks in with Normani right behind her.

"I know a few places that she may have gone, but its probably a long shot" Dinah walks to the kitchen counter to grab her car keys and makes a gesture towards the door for the others to follow.

They drive around for hours, going from place to place. Everywhere Dinah knew that the girl has gone to when she was upset or needed to think. They went to the beach, their old high school, the park, an abandoned lot, and many more places with no sign of their friend. 

It is running on 2 am when they get back to the dorms, calling it a night. Dinah and Ally's phones have died during their drive, so they put them on the chargers while the group makes plans to continue their search the next day. 

Everybody goes home and tries to get some sleep after the restless day.

Dinah's phone turns on, the brightness causing her to open her eyes.

[Lauren 1:39 am]

I can come home whenever I want

[Lauren 1:40 am]

Stop blowing up my phone and leave me the hell alone.

She tries to get Lauren to tell her where she is and what is wrong, but to little avail, she receives nothing more. She is slightly relieved, knowing that her friend is alive. However, the main focus was still to get the girl home.