17

Monday

Narrator POV

Sunday proved to be another bust. The girls ran out of places to look and they continued to send Lauren texts in hopes of her replying and telling them what was wrong. Their moods continued to drop with every hour of radio silence from her. 

It was their week off and they had Ally in town, so this week was supposed to be a fun one. Even the weather reflected the solemn atmosphere, it was an overcast day with a constant drizzle of rain. 

They were spending the day at Dinah's snuggled up on the couch having a movie marathon, however, nobody was paying attention to what was on the screen. Any noise from outside would lead to all four heads shooting towards the front door, only to be met with the same locked door every time. 

Eventually, they grew tired and went their separate ways for the night; however, Ally decided to stay with Dinah tonight to keep the girl company.

Camila's POV

I was jolted awake from some noise outside of my room. Probably just some students in the hall. I turn on my phone to look at the time and notice that it is almost 3 in the morning. Great. I've only gotten an hour of sleep. I close my eyes again in hopes of falling back asleep when I hear another noise, slightly louder this time. 

I decided to go out in the hall and tell them to either be quieter or to find somewhere else to bang around. The place was kind of chilly, so I threw on a hoodie on my way to the door. When I opened it, I was face to face with the girl that has been MIA for a week now. Except it's not how I remembered her, she was wearing dirtied up clothes while her arms had bruises and scratches scattered about. I examine the state she came here in before I met her eyes. The very orbs that have mesmerized me since I first saw them were no longer there. Her eyes were hooded over, and what was once a green wonderland, was now a more solemn gray color.

This was not my friend. Something happened to this woman and I don't know what it was but I need to take care of her. She is standing in front of me, but still doesn't seem to be here. I see her stumble back and I realize that we have been standing there, not saying anything for a few minutes. I invite her in and I smell the alcohol in her breath as she walks past, she was extremely intoxicated. She goes to the couch and curls up on it, looking so vulnerable. I can't question her in this state, it'll have to wait until the morning.

As soon as I sit down next to her, she starts bawling her eyes out. I don't know what else to do but sit down next to her and hug her. She lays her head down in my lap and I start running my hands through her hair. I hear her sobs quiet down and I'm quickly met again with silence.  

~ ~ ~

I wake up to the sunshine beaming through my window, I don't remember falling asleep. As I begin to remember what happened last night, I look around and see no sign of Lauren. I was in the same spot that we laid down in last night. It couldn't have been a dream.I also had a blanket draped around me and my head was resting on my pillow.

I shout her name as I look around the dorm, running into the halls, not seeing her. 

She left me again.