66

Dinah's POV

It has been over a month now since Camila and Lauren broke up. Every single night, I hear my best friend's desperate cries for her to come back. I know she still tries to reach out to Camila and I can't stop her, but I know that it just hurts her more.

The only time I see my roommate is when we're passing by each other. The first week, she didn't leave her room for any reason other than to grab food out of the kitchen, which I have kept well-stocked with her favorite comfort foods. We're nearing the last finals' week of our college careers, so I've seen her slinking off to class every now and then.

I thought we made a breakthrough when I convinced her to come out with the girls and I one night. That didn't turn out so well. She spent the whole night sulking and tried to go unnoticed while continuing to down drink after drink. I knew she was just trying to not feel for a while, but I knew the rest of the night and next day were going to be her own personal hell. I stayed by her side in our bathroom as she sobbed in my lap after emptying all the contents in her stomach.

She hasn't muttered a single word to me since that night. I hate knowing that she's going through this, especially when she's pushing away everyone close to her, but I'm right here for her when she's ready.

I can't believe Camila just left her like that. I thought she was our friend, the love of Lauren's life. I trusted her with my best friend's heart and she shattered it without looking back. Turns out, she was worse than Ty, something I didn't know was possible. She know how much she meant to Lauren; it was probably some sick, manipulating game she had all planned out. Maybe she had a dare with somebody, I don't know. I'm constantly trying to come up for a reason for why she did it and keep coming up with unreasonable assumptions.

That's why I've begun a man-hunt for her. Well- maybe I'm making it a little more dramatic than it really is, but I need to find and confront her about what went down. My instincts are telling me three very different things to do when I finally get the chance. Scenario one, I sit her down and have a very mature conversation about everything that occured. Scenario two, I see her and bitch her out for being the asshole she was to my ride-or-die for life. Finally, scenario three, the one that comes most naturally to me: a good old-fashioned Poly beat down. I'm very torn with the last option- she was one of my closest friends, or so I thought, and I still do not know what her real intentions were.

I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. For now, I have to find a way to pull Lauren out of her own mind and back into living her life again.

This story is close to ending but I may have other plans?? I'm not sure tbh, I have a rough outline of where I want this story headed but keep changing parts of it as I go along. Also, can we talk about how I've updated 4 times in a week? Probably because I'm procrastinating on school stuff, but whatever. Love y'all!