54

Lauren's POV

Knock knock knock

The loud, incessant pounding on the door caused me to wake up. Judging by how bright it is outside, it's probably 8 or 9 in the morning. I throw my pillow over my head to muffle the noises, there's no work today and I can finally have a real day off. I deserve this sleep.

Knock knock knock

The banging on the front door continues, even louder now. "DINAH!" I yell, trying to get my roommate to answer the door, as it's probably one of her friends. There's no new noises, I don't hear the door opening or her walking down the hall. It's too damn early for this.

I get out of bed and rub my eyes, the sunshine seeping through the curtains is too bright for my eyes to easily adjust, and make my way through the apartment towards the obnoxious noise. 

Knock knock knock

"Oh my god, I'm coming. You need to chill." I say as I throw open the door, only to be met with the brunette hair and brown-eyed girl I have grown to know so well. Camila doesn't wait a second, the moment the door opened, she jumped onto me and threw her legs around my waist. I caught her of course, and our arms were wrapped around each other. I missed this feeling: her warmth, her smell, everything about her drives me crazy. 

"I didn't sleep at all last night, I was too excited to be with you again." Her legs slowly loosened off of me as I helped to let her back on the ground. 

"I was excited too, what do you want to do today?" I feel my face get hot as I see her eyes take in my appearance. I was clearly not expecting her to be over so early. "I'm sorry, let me go get more presentable. I just woke up and still have bed head." I laugh as I turn around to walk back to my room. She grabs my wrist gently to stop me and starts getting closer for a kiss, but I pull back. "But I haven't brushed my teeth yet." My face gets even hotter than before, but she just shakes her head with a smile and pulls me into her for a quick peck on the lips. 

"I kind of want to lay around for awhile and be lazy. Can we go out later?" Camila asks me with her best puppy dog eyes. "Of course we can. You're in charge of deciding what we do all day, I'm fine with pretty much anything as long as I am with you." I reply honestly, I'm just happy to finally have a day off.

"Now go do whatever you've gotta do, I'll make some breakfast." I nod my head and as I'm turning around again, she smacks my ass and giggles. I jump slightly due to the unexpectedness and she tries to hide her laughter. "I'm sorry, those shorts are... Umm. Well, they're short and you definitely can pull them off." Her eyes drift downwards and I finally walk to my bedroom, making sure to give her a show, knowing that she has yet to avert her gaze. 

Camila's POV

I hear the water stop in the bathroom, indicating that she probably finished brushing her teeth and is on her way out. "I hope you're okay with pancakes, you didn't have many options in the kitchen." I take the last few off the stove and pour us some coffee. "I love pancakes." She replies while standing right behind me.

I nearly dropped the coffee pot on the ground, I was completely unaware that she was already in the kitchen and her reply startled me. She throws her head back laughing while I try to tame my crazy heartbeat. "You're an ass," I say as I feel her arms slowly wrap around my waist and she pulls herself closer. 

Her warm breath tickles the back of my neck and I feel as if I was instantly put under a spell. I am stuck in a trance and all I know is that I'd be happy being in it forever. "You love me," she places a single kiss on my shoulder that leaves what feels like a trail of fire flowing through my veins. "Admit it." She pulls my hair off of my shoulder and moves it to the other side of my head before kissing me again and again, slowly working her way up my neck to my jawline. My head feels heavy as it falls slightly to the side, giving her more room to work with. 

"Shit," she hits a spot that takes me by surprise and my eyes open. "What the fuck Dinah." Lauren stops and looks up to see what I am looking at. Her roommate was almost through with the pancakes on one of the two plates and in the middle of taking a sip of coffee, maintaining eye contact with us. 

"That was delicious chancho, you should make breakfast every day." She waits a second before continuing, "Well, I'm just gonna go to Mani's. Thanks for the food." We just glare at her and wait for her to leave. 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have distracted you." Lauren said with a wink as she grabs a new mug to pour coffee into. "I-I can make some more, just give me a few minutes." I'm still stuck in this trance caused by the girl acting like what just happened was no biggie. "It's fine, we can just share whatever is left and go out for lunch later."

~ ~ ~

Now we're snuggled on her bed watching Netflix on her laptop. She finally convinced me to watch Orange is the New Black and the third episode just finished. I'm waiting for her to start the next one, but when a few seconds pass, I look up at her and meet her stare. "What?" I ask with a grin I can't hide. She just shakes her head and I sit up more. "What?" I prod again. "I'm just really happy. I don't know what I did to deserve a girlfriend like you, but I clearly did something right." 

"If you're happy, then what am I? You are a 10 in all categories, you're hot and cute whenever you want, your intelligence is astonishing, you treat me like I'm a princess. Oh, and your hair, eyes, eyebrows, and abs just add to the preexisting hotness that is Lauren Jauregui." I finish with a smirk and she gives me a quick kiss. "Enough with the cheesiness, I think it's time to get out of the house. Any ideas?" 

"Speaking of your abs." She raises an eyebrow, practically challenging me to continue. "Wanna go to the beach?"

"Only if we can go to the one with the tiki bar, I could go for a drink or two." 

"I'm fine with that, it's five o'clock somewhere, right?"

The day will continue in the next chapter, I just wanted to post something before I went to bed. Hope you liked it :)

So... I did a thing. If you're interested, I have the first chapter posted. It's going to be a little different from this one, story and style wise, but I think it will turn out really good. It's sort of a different take on what the girls have been through and how they became the people they are now.