21

Thursday morning continued

Camila's POV

I finally get Lauren and myself into the car. Ally is in the drivers seat again, while Lauren and I are in the far back of the car. Her head is in my lap, just like the other night and I start running my hands through her hair once more. She is staring straight ahead, not moving her eyes and blinking every now and then. Dinah and Normani finally come running out of the house with a very unhappy Ty on their tails. They jump into the car and Ally starts speeding away. Dinah rolls down her window and throws something outside as far as she can before rolling it back up.

"I knew he'd follow us, so I took his keys. Mani, get the cops on the fucking phone before I make shorty over here turn this car around and beat his face in." Her face is flushed red and you can see the veins in her neck slightly pushing out as she attempts to calm herself down after what she just happened.

Normani pulls out her phone and dials in the three numbers. After a few minutes of  explaining the situation, she hangs up and tells them that the cops were going to Ty's house.

"It's going to be okay, we got you Laur." I don't know what I can do to make this better for her. I can't do anything, how could anybody forget about something like that. She was put into such a horrible situation that she pushed herself into a place where she could no longer be present. It was like she flipped a switch to turn her brain off and I don't know how to turn it back on.

"Fuck. Fucking fuckballs, what the hell just happened? I should have done worse than just holding him back. He's a fucking dick!" Dinah is still livid. Ally and Mani remain silent while Lauren is still as a statue right in front of me.

I just want her back. I wish the past week was thrown away; if only it was possible to erase time. I can't imagine what she has been through all the other days she has been missing. What happened the night she came to my house? She's going to need a lot of support to get back to "normal". What is normal, and is it even obtainable for her anymore? The girls and I will be here for her if she'll let us.

We arrive at their apartment and bring her back to her room. I help her out of my jacket and into some of her pajamas. She lays down in her bed and I leave the room to talk to the others in the kitchen.

Dinah has had some time to calm down, but we were all still in shock. Deciding that it would be best to go to bed and discuss this stuff in the morning, we all found our places to sleep in the apartment and called it a night.

I went in to check on Lauren one final time before going to sleep on the couch and she was still awake, staring at the wall in front of her. When she saw me, she held her arm out a little more than it was before, motioning for me to lay down next to her. I gave her a sad smile and crawled in next to her. She turned around and rested her head on my chest and finally shut her eyes, falling into a steady rhythm of breathing in and out.