57

Camila's POV

"Hey Sofi, if I find you something to watch on Netflix, would you be okay if I leave you with Mani and Dinah for a few?" She glances at the two and shrugs. "Only if they watch with me. And no kissing each other, that's gross." We all burst out in laughter as I turn on whatever show she requested. 

I grab Lauren's arm and drag her to her own room, giving her a quick kiss after we get there. "Can we talk for a minute, I didn't want to bring you into this whole mess." Being the great person she is, it took no time before we take a seat on the balcony outside. 

"I'm sorry all this sprung up, we thought things were gonna get better but I guess we've come back to a rough point. I don't think I'm quite ready to talk about it, so hopefully you'll be patient with me. I don't know how long I need to keep Sofi with me. I also don't want to force you into this weird life that we have, so tell me if it's too much and I will back off. You- what?" I stop when Lauren grabs my hands and directs my face towards hers. "It's fine Camila. I don't know what's going on, but I do know what it's like to care for my siblings. I'd do anything for them and would gladly help take care of Sofi. I'm just worried about her and school, I don't think we could deal with a forty minute drive to drop her off and pick her up every day, but I don't want her to move schools temporarily." 

"She does class online, that's not an issue. So you're okay with me dragging you into all this without you knowing the situation? I'll obviously have her stay with me, but I may need to bring her with me wherever I go, she is not old enough to stay on her own." This isn't the first time I had to take care of my little sister, but it definitely doesn't seem like this will be a short-term thing. "Of course, you tell me whenever you need anything and I'll be there. We have a spare room she could stay in if you'd like. We both have class at different times and you work during the day while I work at night, we could switch off throughout the day if we had to. Whatever works with the two of you works with me." 

"I fucking love you, Lauren Jauregui." I say before pulling her in for a kiss. 

I hear my phone's notification and see that Dinah texted me.

[Cheechee 5:21 pm]

yo Chancho, your sis is kinda creeping me out

[Cheechee 5:23 pm]

Wtf girl. What did you let her watch?

[Cheechee 5:24 pm]

please come back i think she's going to kill us, this show shouldn't be watched by anybody under 15

[Cheechee 5:30 pm]

You let her watch Dexter? Are you insane?? 

When we get back, I notice that Dinah is in the other room while Mani and Sofi are talking. "Sofia, you fast forward through the bad scenes, right?" "Of course Kaki. Dinah doesn't like Dexter, she says it's too gory for her and I am too young to watch it." I can only laugh at the statement. Sure, she is a young kid, but her mental age is practically that of an adult's. She has been through as much as I have. I hate that her childhood was practically ruined at such a young age, but it did help me have somebody to talk to when I was stuck at home too. "Dinah, she can handle it. We've talked about the show before and actually watched the first two seasons together before I left for college. I'm just mad that she watched another season without me." 

We all went out for a walk around town and got food before walking around some more. On our way back, I realized that we haven't discussed what we were going to do in terms of living conditions. "Sofi, since it's the weekend and we don't have class tomorrow, I'm giving you this choice. Lauren and Dinah have a spare room in their apartment and Lauren offered to let you sleep there whenever. Do you want to sleep over there or go back to my dorm?" It is obvious what her answer will be, but giving her the option was important. "Sleepover! Duh." 

"Well if she's staying, I'm staying. It wouldn't be fair otherwise." Mani adds in. Dinah smirked while Lauren and I glared at her. "No monkey business you two." Sofi unexpectedly interjects, causing all of us to laugh.  

It didn't take us long to decide to go to bed, as it had been a long day. Of course Dinah and Mani went into Dinah's room for the night, but I was unsure of where I should sleep. I don't want Sofi to be uncomfortable being alone if I slept in Lauren's room. The three of us were still on the couch, trying to decide what to do. "Sofi, do you want me to sleep in the guest room with you or do you want some space?" She looks at me, then Lauren, and smirks. "You've got a pretty girlfriend that will let you sleep with her and you're willing to sleep with me?" Green eyes shot to look at me and I notice her face turn a shade of pink. It's been a weird day and I realize that I forgot to inform Lauren that I told Sofi about us dating. My sister starts giggling at the reaction and I join. "I guess I forgot to tell you that Sofia knows." The wavy haired girl slaps my arm. "I've been holding back all day because I thought you weren't telling her yet. You two are assholes." I give her a kiss on the cheek as an apology. "Okay, you're on your own. Lauren's room is down the hall, I'll be right there if you need me." And with that, we all go to bed.

Sorry this is such a sloppy chapter. Things have been so hectic for me lately between school, work, family, and helping my neighbors (the husband just got deployed and mom is working, so I help watch the kids and check in on the pets). The only free time I have is taken up by studying for class, so sorry for delays in chapters. Hopefully I get a good idea and can let it flow, I'm kind of stuck with this story right now. Any ideas are welcome, you could write it here or pm me, idc. Thanks for reading!