39

Saturday continued

Lauren's POV

"I call sharing a room with Mani!" Dinah screams as she grabs her girlfriend's hand and starts running to the elevators. "I guess I'm stuck with you for the weekend." I tell Camila with a fake sigh, to which she responds with a light slap on my arm and feigns offense.

When we get to the elevator, we see Dinah rapidly pressing a button and the doors start to shut. We were too far away to stop them and the last thing I see is Dinah with a huge smirk on her face. Asshole.

After waiting for the elevator to come back down and take us up to our floor, the two girls were walking towards us with bathing suits on and towels in their hands. "We're going to the pool, meet us there?" Mani suggests. "I kind of wanted to chill on the beach and not be so close to screaming children." Camila counters. I also wanted to go to the beach, there's something about the ocean that is just so freeing, a pool could never compare. "I'll go with you, only if we can stop somewhere to get snacks first."

The two girls in bathing suits nod their heads and walk off. "Wanna get something from Publix?" "Sure thing Camz." I smile and we get settled into our room for a minute before we change into our bikinis.

We finally get down to the beach to find out that our friends gave up on the pool and were talking to a guy that looked to be in his early twenties. They start laughing and we approach the small group. "Lauren, Camila, this is Kyle. He was just telling us about this horror story of a surf lesson with a family he had yesterday. The kids started fighting and nearly drowned each other while their parents were rooting for their favorite kid," Dinah explains. I've dealt with this so many times, I immediately caught on to what she was doing and joined in. "Dinah used to surf when she was growing up, she's tried teaching me but we don't get much for waves in Miami." We continue chatting for a while.

"Sorry girls, but I have to go, would you like to borrow a couple of boards? I have a shop right down the street and could lend a few." Dinah and I almost forget that he's still here and almost high five out of excitement that it worked. "That would be great, we'll have them returned by sundown." His face lit up as an idea came to mind. "There's a big party later tonight if you want to come." We get the details and he goes back to the shop to get us the surfboards.

"Damn D, you've even dragged your girlfriend into flirting for free stuff." She shrugged it off saying something about it being a talent as we walked towards the water.

Dinah shows us how to paddle and stand up before we get into the water so we know what to do. I've been through this before, but it never hurts to go over everything again. There aren't too many people around and the waves aren't too big, probably three foot but they look much bigger once you get closer to them.

Dinah picks back up on the sport quickly, she is treading through the water with agility, making it look effortless. The rest of us are getting knocked around by the tumbling waves. Sometimes, we would catch a wave, but the front of the board would sink underwater, causing us to fall. Dinah said we were nosediving because we were too far up and had to scoot back some.

Camila had the worst wipe outs, but she kept trying, waiting until she eventually had a successful ride. I had gotten a few nice waves, but I'm positive that this isn't my thing. Mani got the hang of it and was doing much better than us.

After hours of tiring ourselves out in the water and a few successful waves, we realized that it was getting late and the sun was beginning to set, so we dropped off the boards and went to clean up before the party.