17: Happy Reunion

Vega had gotten home to realize his mother was called by the principal about his rough acts and a complaint on bullying a freshman.

“Mum I can explain, the truth is he made me flare up, I was already angry.” Vega tried to convince his mom that the scenario wasn't his fault as he chased after her into the kitchen.

Mrs Hart even after her two kids in high school she still looked so young like those sexy college graduates. She had a well built body. And truth was she was sexy. She didn't show any signs of wrinkles on that light tanned pretty face of hers.
“Well you could have evaded flaring up. Now you're in trouble with a senator's son, what where  you thinking?!” She turned back to her son who was now behind her in the well arranged kitchen. She wasn't smiling and neither did she frown. She had that 'seriously disappointed in you' look. She leaned on the counter to face her stammering son and ignored giggling Piper at the diner.

“Momm I know, I know you're mad at me, but please see my side, the boy's an arrogant spoilt rich kid who came looking for trouble.” Vega stepped towards his mom.

“Of course, all rich kids are like that. You should have just let whatever came out of the foul silver spoon mouth roll off your back!” Mrs Hart always adhered to the idea of letting things roll off her back and she expects her kids to follow.

“I know, I just got confused!” Vega now stood by his mother but she walked away to the sink.

“Confused?! You got confused? You could get sued and worse expelled and all you have to say is you had been confused?” Now she frowned almost at tears, folded her arms and walked out the kitchen with her eldest son trailing behind her. 

“Hey mom, I know you're worried, but I'll be fine, we'll be fine.” Vega said when she finally sat on the couch in the living room and he stood by the couch and took her hand in his.

“You don't know that, we don't know that. It's a bully case here,   son.” she sighed.
“I'll fix it all, I promise. I'll fix my mess, don't you worry, okay?” Vega heaved.
Mrs Hart nodded. “Does dad know about it?” Vega asked his mom but before Mrs Hart could utter a word Piper caught in.

“Not yet, but am telling him when he comes from work.” Piper threatened in a fussing tone.
“Don't you dare.” Vega left his mother and turned to Piper.
“Or what?” Piper said adjusting her stance before crossing her arms.

“He needs to know.” Mrs Hart said in a low and unaided tone.
“Mom I said I would handle this, I already got bullied too, I can still fix things with Jason.” Vega said calmly still frowning at his daring younger sibling.

“Mom's right so am telling.” Piper said plainly leaving her stance and headed for the sofa.
“Piper! You heard your brother, he'll fix things. Now I don't want to hear another word on it.” Mrs Hart frowned at Piper who sat shocked in the sofa.

“I'll make lunch.” Vega sneered at Piper and walked out the living room. Piper frowned and snorted later muttering out in whispered hush. She quit her pinched face and put on the TV.

..........

Tessa was sitting out there on the stairs to Vega's duplex resident.
Republic City was large and Tessa definitely lived far away from Vega's side of town.

“Tess what are you doing here?” Vega asked as he walked out the door properly fashioning his backpack set on his back at both arms.
Tess turned and she still kept that new look of hers, she looked so pretty that Vega for a second admired her.
“I was planning to come over and see Ben at his place but hid nanny says his mom drove him to school so I decided to walk over to yours and we can go to the bus point together.” Tessa stood smiling, she wore on her spectacles. Her dress was yellow with flowers and a yellow jacket on top. She wore a white skirt that stopped above her knees.
She did seem ready to get involved with Ben.