Unpacking.

Its Saturday. I was planning on helping Austin unpack. I pulled on some jeans and threw on Alex's sweatshirt and grabbed a blood pouch from the fridge. I drank it and threw it away. We needed blood but we train ourselves to where we don't need much.

I grabbed my phone, my keys, put on my shoes, and walked out the door. The fresh air hit my face and I breathed it in. I finally picked up Austin's scent and followed it to a little house. I walked up the steps and the door opened. I smiled and looked up, seeing a man standing there. He was a hunter. I could smell it all over him. I bite my lip.

"Is Austin home?" He nodded. "Austin! There's a girl at the door for you!" He turned to me. "Come on in." I smiled brightly and walked in. Austin came running downstairs and smiled when he saw me. "May!" He pulled me into a hug. I giggled lightly and hugged him back. "We're gonna go unpack my room." Austin said as he pulled away from the hug and grabbed my hand, pulling me upstairs. I just followed him. The man, I couldn't tell if he knew what I was or not. We got to Austin's room and once we were both in, he closed his door. "May. That man.." I put a finger up to his lips and listened downstairs. He was on the phone with someone. "I can't just kill her. She's Austin's soulmate. If I killed her, it would kill him which, personally, his mom would not be happy about." I sighed and continued to listen. "No. I'm not doing it. She seems nice and she'd take good care of Austin. So no, I'm not killing her." Then he hung up. I heard him coming up the stairs so I turned back to Austin, with my finger still on his lips. "Oops." I took it off and smiled. He just smiled back at me.

"So, what day did y'all move here?" He smiled. "Last Saturday." I smiled. "What's your favorite color?" He made a face then smiled. "Red." "Favorite animal?" "What is this? 21 questions?" I smiled nodding my head. He chuckled shaking his head. There was a knock on Austins door. "Come in." He walked in and I smiled at him. "Would y'all like some food? Mom will be home soon." I shrugged and turned to Austin. He was thinking and his eyes flashed. "Yeah. Sure!" "Hamburgers sound good?" Me and Austin nodded. "Now one more thing before I leave. What's this pretty girls name?" I smiled brightly. "I'm May!" He smiled back at me. "I'm Jacob." He said, then walked out of the room and downstairs.