Searching - Chapter 2

A/N: Thanks to all the people who have read my story! They may just be reads, but they mean so much to me! I hope you guys will enjoy what I have in store!

____________________

You're panicking. Frantically wracking your mind for any memory at all, you couldn't seem to find anything. You knew your name, and that you were in Hyrule, however everything else was gone. The people you knew, the places you had been, the things you had experienced, all of that was gone.
"Relax," You thought to yourself, running your fingers through your hair. "I'm sure you're just tired or something. You'll remember soon."

You frowned, unable to convince yourself, and scanned the area around you. The castle-like structure to your left was very broken down. The roof had collapsed in on itself, and bits and pieces of the stairs had crumbled as well. It appears nobody has been there in a very long time.
"How long have I been out?" You thought out loud. It hasn't been that long, right?

Looking down the hill you were standing on, you see an old man by a fire. He hadn't noticed your sudden appearence, and seemed to be roasting something. Deciding that the old man may have answers to your questions, you start down the hill. As you neared him, the man looked up at you.
"So you were in there with him." He said, looking surprised. "I thought for sure you were gone. It appears you have Sheikah Slate as well."

You get confused, not having any idea what this man is talking about. Suddenly, you realize what he had just said.
"With him?? Who is he?" You ask. Could that be the boy that the voice told you to find? Would you be lucky enough to find him that easily?

The old man shook his head sadly. "It appears you have lost your memories as well." He sighed. "I suppose you'll find out eventually. For now, come with me."

He stands up, gesturing for you to follow. You do, despite the fact that this man is a stranger to you and didn't answer any of your questions. You just trust him, for a reason you don't understand. He leads you to an open, grassy area, where you can see all of the land around you. He points at a pointy structure coming out of a rocky hill, and motions to your Sheikah Slate.

"You'll need to activate that structure before you do anything else." He says. "It's marked with a glowing point on your Sheikah Slate. I would suggest finding him first, though. It wont work unless both of your Sheikah Slates are close to each other."

You nod, despite the fact that you had no idea of what the structure would do, or who "he" was.
"Does this boy have a name?" You ask him. "Why wont you tell me?"
The old man glances down at you before replying. "Your memory is fragile. I think it's best if you figure it out for yourself. I wouldn't want to overwhelm you or damage your memory further."

You frown, but understand.
"Alright." You reluctantly reply. "But can you at least tell me what direction he went in?"

The old man nods. He points in the direction of the forest before giving you a warning.
"I would find some sort of weapon if I were you." He said. "There are monsters roaming about, and even more so at night. It's too dangerous to go unarmed."

His words unnerved you, and you nodded. There was no way you'd even think about going anywhere without a weapon now.

The old man bid you farewell before walking down the hill and out of sight. You look around for weapons, like he suggested. All you could find was a tree branch, which was understandable. Who would leave weapons aimlessly lying around anyway? That's idiotic. However, there was a stump that had a cut in it, almost as if there was once a weapon sticking out. There was nothing there now, though.
"This is better than nothing." You mutter, picking up the stick, and start off in the direction of the forest. Lucky for you, the sun was rising, and you had plenty of time to search for the boy before it got dark. You wouldn't be caught dead in this forest after the sun set.

The trees become more dense around you as you get deeper into the forest, and you become more cautious with every step. Who knows what could be lurking in these woods?

It's around noon when you decide to take a break, and you sit down, leaning against a tree.
"This is so tiring, why do my feet have to hurt?" You whine. Talking to yourself seemed to improve your mood slightly, as walking alone for so long has started to bore you, and you realize how much you miss having someone to talk to. You sigh in dissapointment when you finally decide to get up and keep going.

After a while of trekking through the forest and spotting some boar (which you decided to leave alone after one almost ran you over), you see the trees start to thin out. There's a dip in the ground, with rocks scattered around in it. The boy was nowhere to be found.
"Did that old man lie to me?" You wonder. "I've walked through so much of that forest and there isn't any sign of him..."

Nonetheless, you walk down into the dip, scanning the area for any signs of the boy, who you were starting to question if he exists. You come to the center of the dip, and give up on your search.
"I guess I'll just go back then...?" You say out loud, to nobody in particular. "He probably moved on-"

Just then, the ground started to shake. Startled, you stumble and almost fall to the ground, but catch yourself just in time. You stare in shock and horror as the cluster of rocks in front of you rise out of the ground.
Standing in front of you, not even 20 feet away, is a giant rock monster.

"Uh oh."