Encounter - Chapter 3

A/N: Sorry I haven't had a chapter put sooner! I've been a mixture of busy and lazy...
Also!! You're going to notice that to identify what the name of something/a monster is called, the characters will look at their Sheikah Slates. This is because it would be unrealistic for the characters to have the boss title just... appear in their vision or automatically know that a certain monster is called a Bokoblin. To have this make more sense, I've altered it so the Sheikah Slate tells them. I just wanted to clarify that so nobody gets confused.

__________________

You stare in shock at the huge rock monster that was once just a lump in the ground. Checking your Sheikah Slate, it identifies the monster as a boss called "Stone Talus." It wasn't the strongest thing you could encounter, however there was no way you would be able to beat it with your current armor and weaponry- or... forestry I guess. Still, you had to try something.

Gripping your stick tightly, you hold your arm back and prepare to throw it at the shambling rock boss. There is no way you are getting near that thing to strike it. After all, it can't hurt you if you don't get near it.

You throw the stick hard, only to panic when it hits the Stone Talus and shatter into bits, not even leaving a scratch in the rock.
     "There goes my only weapon..." You think, despaired.

You whip your head around, scanning the area for a weapon, branch, or anything that you could possibly throw at the boss. You don't see anything, and look back to the Stone Talus, who is slowly trudging towards you.
      "I'm running out of time... and ideas." You think, and decide to run away. Would it follow you?

Before you could move, though, the boss rock seems to tilt back a bit, as if ready to whip something forward at you. However, it has nothing to throw that you can see, and you stare at it in confusion.
        "What's it doing?" You mutter to yourself. It starts to swing forward, and that's when it hits you.

        "Its arm... its arm!!" You realize. "Oh no, it's going to launch it's arm at me!!" You freeze in panic and stare at it, as if you had just suddenly forgotten to run in your shock. As the boss swings it's arm at you, everything seemed to go in slow motion.
        "I need to move!" You thought, but your legs wouldn't cooperate with the rest of your body and you were stuck in place. You closed your eyes in fear, and braced yourself for the painful impact and certain death.

You felt something ram into your side, however it wasn't the hard rock you expected it to be. You were shoved out of the way and hit the ground, hearing the large rock that belonged to the Stone Talus wizz by your feet. There was another thud as the thing that saved you from being slammed hit the ground next to you.

You opened your eyes and looked over to see a blond haired boy with sky blue eyes looking at you in panic and slight anger.
       "What were you doing?? You almost got killed!!" He exclaimed, before standing up quickly. You stood as well, and noticed that the Stone Talus had regained its arm and was shuffling its way over to you two.

Before you could reply, the boy grabbed you by the arm.
        "We need to get out of here!" He yelled. He ran out of the clearing, dragging you along with him by the wrist. You didn't protest, trying your best to keep up and not stumble to the ground.

After running a considerably long distance away from the Stone Talus, he stopped running, and you did as well. You ended up in a small clearing in the forest, with a cooking pot and a few logs to sit on. He let go of your arm and sighed, clearly exasperated, and slumped to the ground. He winced and rubbed his ankle. You got very concerned, and crouched down beside him.
        "Oh no, did it get you??" You question. "Are you alright??" The boy whips his head up to meet your eyes and glares at you.
        "Are you an idiot?!" He yells, his blue eyes filled with anger. "What were you doing, fighting a boss with no weapons?? Not to mention you just stood there and stared at it! Do you have a death wish?!" You looked down at the ground sheepishly, clearly embarassed. "I had been walking for a while and thought that would be a good place to stop... I didn't realize a rock monster would come out of the ground. I'm sorry." You said, your tone apologetic. The boy sighed and relaxed.

       "It's ok. You're lucky I was there to save you. I'm sorry for yelling, I was just worried. You could've gotten seriously hurt, even killed." He looked back down at his foot.
        "Are you ok?" You ask again. He stands up slowly, wincing when he puts pressure on the injured foot. "I think I'm fine." He replies. "When I pushed you out of the way, the rock grazed my foot. I didn't notice until now, probably because of the adrenaline. Nothing's broken, or sprained I think, it just hurts to walk on." He limps over to the log and sits down, sighing in relief when the pressure is released from his foot and the pain ebbs away slightly. "Lets just sit here for a minute, just until I can at least walk on it again." He says, gesturing for you to sit next to him. You do, and finally relax.

       "We might as well get to know each other as we're here, so what's your name?" He asks you. You smile and reply. "It's (y/n)." He smiles back before speaking again. "My name is Link. Nice to meet you!"

You look up at the sky, noticing that the moon is starting to rise. "It's starting to get dark." You note, a little worried. "Do we try to find shelter or...?" Link shakes his head. "It's too dangerous to wander now," He says. "I'll just light a fire." He stands up, his foot still aching slightly, and walks over to the cooking pot.
      "How are you going to-" You cut off as Link places a piece of flint on the ground and takes out a small sword. He strikes the flint, and the wood ignites into flames.
       "Oh." You say. "That's how you'll do it." Link places his sword back in its holster on his back and walks over, sitting back down. It's getting darker by the second, but oddly the fire makes you feel secure. You turn to Link as he asks you a question. "What were you doing in this part of the woods anyway?" He questioned. "I doubt you were scouting for food."
       "Oh!" You exclaim. "I forgot, I was looking for som..." Your eyes widen as you see a small device on Link's belt.

A Sheikah Slate, just like the one you were wearing on your hip.

        "You're the one I'm looking for!!" You exclaim excitedly, pointing wildly at his Sheikah Slate and your own. Link's eyes widen as well as he sees your slate, shocked. "I was looking for you too!" He says. "Well- I mean I was looking for someone. I didn't know it was you."

As the moon rises higher and higher into the sky, you both realize that your journey has just truly begun.